Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Reccommend your local bike shop?!?
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Another vote for Biketreks in Ambleside

NJA

Can’t believe nobody has said Terry Wright Cycles in Market Deeping – Paul and Ben are simply two of the most helpful and knowledgeable people in the cycle industry.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i go to Leisure lakes to feel stuff up, try things on etc – then go home and buy online miiiles cheaper! 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Hargroves in Fareham, Hants.

Always good service. (Wish the place had air-con though!)

2tyred

Spoiled on the north side of Glasgow…

WHEEEEELCRAFT! Big Al at the Clachan of Campsie institution and miracle of consumer economics. No matter how obscure a part you’re looking for, it’ll be “in that drawer there, laddie!” The man even had an Oor Wullie cartoon in his honour.

Just don’t be in a hurry and don’t ask for black spokes.

Also lucky enough to have Solid Rock Cycles nearby at Balmore – Mark, David and Robin are super duper chaps who’ll always go the extra mile for you, especially for racing needs. Not uncommon to order something off their website in the afternoon and for it to be waiting at home by the time you get in. Some lovely kit in the shop too.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Samways in Derby. Great lads. They even offered to call silverfish when I brought my old Cove in for advice. Can I aso mention Stanley Fearns? They are ace!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Langdale Lightweights on Westdale Lane in Nottingham

nick1962
    Free Member

Willy Bain on the Southside of Glesga
    http://www.bicyclerepair.co.uk/index.html

Pridds

Another one for BikeTreks but also Ghyllside Cycles in Ambleside who are great for hard to find bits that no one else has in stock and chat

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Nowhere decent within 20 miles which really is into MTBs. Tri-Store is helpful and good but that’s it. The others are incompetent, inefficient or mainly preoccupied with their hire business.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Another vote for Bike Scene in Guisborough, It’s like Santa’s grotto in there (no elves though) & everyone knows what they’re on about. (I’m biased cos I get coffee)

chestrockwell

The chaps at The Bike Shop in Skipton are always very helpful and have done quick jobs for free a few times. Try to use them when I can but the interweb prices make it hard to use your LBS all the time.

Stif’s also close to me and always offer superb service. Lot’s of bike p*rn too!

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Street life in lowestoft is great the owners annoying at worst a doosh but no harm but howard who works there is a legend and a really good laugh goes out of his way to help and makes a cracking cuppa tea 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Reccommend your local bike shop?!?’ is closed to new replies.