Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some winter cycling tights
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

that are thermal, breathable and also front-leg-and-crotch waterproof…

And not too expensive.

footflaps

Have you tried Rain Legs over normal tights?

tonyd

I’ve got some Campag something or other winter bib tights. They’re not waterproof but they do a pretty good job of repelling it. They are comfortable, windproof, and very toasty, I wore them all through last winter (35 mile round trip commute 3 times per week) and was very impressed. I tend to wear them with some Gore waterproof shorts when it’s very wet.

They’re not cheap but they’re not silly money either, CRC usually have them on sale.

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve had my Assos Roubaix tights almost since I started mountain biking 26 years ago and they’re still going strong despite having been stitched back together around the knees several times.

Assos stuff is made here in Radcliffe, near Bury.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Rapha deep winter bibs for me for the roadie, I have rain proofed my old pair with tent proofing on the upper thighs and they’ve been most excellent. Wouldn’t want to do it on new tights,but an old pairs fine.
    I also have a pair of deep winter Castelli with the lime green flash on, bought new last winter (so I have 3 pairs on winter tights) thinking they would be a variation on a Rapha theme but they’ve been a bit of a disappointment.

pingu66
    Free Member

I have Gore bikewear windstoppers, they keep me plenty warm and I dont bother about the wet as if you keep moving you keep warm but some over trousers would address the wet side.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hmm. Might go for the tights plus w/proof shorts option.

Thanks all.

cp

The ridebosh ones are brilliant in their own right. The price is a bonus. I really really rate mine.

scotroutes

Have a look at the Endura Equipes

benw
    Free Member

Sorry Globalti

LUSSO is made in Radcliffe,near Bury. ASSOS is made in Switzerland just up road from our house.Both will last a long time but ASSOS costs a lot more

thejesmonddingo

Woppit,your balls will sweat if you wear winter tights in this weather,what are you thinking of?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some winter cycling tights’ is closed to new replies.