Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • reccommend a family friendly campsite within about 45 mins of Bristol
  • robw1
    Free Member

just bought a tent to take the kids away on their first camping trip…..so looking for a child (2 and 4 years) friendly campsite within 45 mins of Bristol. don’t want to go much further on the first trip in case its a total disaster!

any gems STW?

elliptic
    Free Member

Mendip Heights near Cheddar gorge? Nice quiet well-organised site with a farm shop and decent facilities.

Moses

Honey Street? near Pewsey

tang
    Free Member

Pool Bridge campsite near Porlock. Nice MTB straight from the site too.
    Or Thistledown near Stroud, need to book well in advance though. Again good MTB…both are camp fire friendly.

rudyard197
    Free Member

Mill Farm (big, busy and has everything) or Paddington farm Glastonbury (very quiet and basic but my fave). Some in the the FoD get good reviews from my friends but not been, they’d probably within range.

redstripe
    Free Member

Carreg Llwyd at Port Eynon, The Gower good for a first trip with little kids – right on beach, good rockpools, tat shop, 2 chip shops etc but just over an hour from Brizzle down M4 and through Swansea etc. The Shit Ship Inn is a bit crap though for grown up time unless it’s improved since I last went.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘reccommend a family friendly campsite within about 45 mins of Bristol’ is closed to new replies.