Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • reccomend me – best 120mm fork for a Soul ?
  • iainc

My newish xfusion velvets are likely to be warrantied due to a creaky steerer, in which case I may be selling a new pair and possibly buying something different, Rebas ? Fox ?

Looking for new, with tapered steered and bolt through, which kind of rules out Reba’s which seems to be 9mm qr. How about revs, set at 130 ? Other suggestions ?

Or might stick with velvets, keen for experiences/opinions

Thanks

iainc

Also wondering how the Soul would ride at 130mm – I love it at 120 and do a lot of climbing, will that extra 10mm slacken it off detrimentally ?

Vortexracing

How about revs, set at 130

that what I have on mine

iainc

How about Sid rct3 maxle ? I see its what cotic put on their full build Soul ?

Vortex – how is it climbing ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve always ran mine at 140, and absolutely loved it. Revs can easily be spaced down to 130 or 120 if you want. I never noticed a difference when climbing with them at 140, but love them descending rocky stuff.

Vortexracing

No probs,
    I have had 3 of them and found that 125-130 is a nice setting.

matther01
    Free Member

Running mine with Fox RLC FIT tapered 120mm. Really good fork…servicing can cost tho.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Maxle SID’s. Mine are noticeably stiffer than the 9mm Rebas they replaced. I don’t really get the allure of heavier forks on the Soul, unless its as a true do it all bike, or you do allot of uplifts on it but then you would run it at 140 anyway?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘reccomend me – best 120mm fork for a Soul ?’ is closed to new replies.