Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reccomend me a tea plantation
  • Tiger6791

I’ve been drinking tea for years now but although I do like a cup of Yorkshire tea and I do enjoy the convenience of just using a teabag I was wondering if now it’s time to take tea to the next level.

I was thinking if I had my own plantation, cured the leaves myself and sewed little bags for them. Not only would I be drinking the ultimate cup of tea I would feel superior and highly refined and able to look down on the heathenry of others using those ‘supermarket’ bags.

Assam or Darjeeling?

passtherizla
    Free Member

ha ha… love it.

but… and its a big one, what makes you think you know more about tea blending than the very clever people over at the Yorkshire Tea?

and most tea in bags is a mixture of several teas..

A good blend that i enjoy regularly is assam with a pinch of earl grey… I but leaf tea and have one of those bodum diffusers.

mefty
    Free Member

If you are having to ask Assam or Darjeeling, you are quite clearly not ready for this step.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mefty, +many.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

cured the leaves myself and sewed little bags for them

The only thing I would consider doing myself is barking orders at people, even then I’d have someone else to do this for me the majority of the time.

Tiger6791

Well I can only afford one plantation so it’s a question of where, not type.

I like the idea of India

passtherizla
    Free Member

The assamese region would be my choice.

spacemonkey

Bugger that. Just get some tea from D. J. Miles.

TooTall
    Free Member

Plenty to get you interested here then fella – a few ideas as to how much you can sell for if the right plantation!

http://www.imperialteas.co.uk/

😀

ericemel
    Free Member

Nuwara in Sri Lanka personally.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a tea plantation’ is closed to new replies.