Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Reccomend me a G-Shock watch
  • paulevans
    Free Member

This is mine. The one on the left is the new one (a GW 4000D). The one on the right is what it has replaced.
    My Omega and Rolex hardly get a lookin these days
    [/url]
    New and Old by N Paul Evans, on Flickr[/img]

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’ve got the riseman too and it’s great. The automatic light is especially useful when on the bike at night as you can just tilt your wrist and it comes on instantly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I stumbled across a shop in Hong Kong the other day that had, they assured me, every single G-shock model made to date.

G-Shock shopping in Hong Kong at Javys Casio

Pics above hardly do it credit. It was astonishing.

joolsburger
    Free Member

http://www.gshock.com/watches/Classic/GA100-1A1

I’ve got that and I love it.

mega
    Free Member

I have a few watches but this recent addition hasn’t left my wrist
    solar powered, radio controlled, digital readout (I use that for date and seconds) plus analogue time, world time, automatic light

RustySpanner

CaptainFlashheart – Member

I stumbled across a shop in Hong Kong the other day that had, they assured me, every single G-shock model made to date.

Were they real ones Flashy?
    I’ve seen a lot of decent fakes about.

Did you buy owt?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rusty, all real and all certified.

I struggled, I really did. I could feel my cards pulling at the fabric of my shorts….! But, I was on my way to a rugby match, so not really the right time to go shopping!

Will be going back in a few weeks time I suspect, so may well have to pay another visit. If I do, I’ll happily take a few orders…! 🙂

pocketrocket
    Free Member

^^^ that’s the same one I linked to earlier, liking that one a lot.

RustySpanner

Will be going back in a few weeks time I suspect, so may well have to pay another visit. If I do, I’ll happily take a few orders…!

That’s genuinely very decent of you.

Let me know if you do, I’ll do some research first!

Thanks.

stanfree
    Free Member

Still looking for a G shock swap.

Preferably one that you can actually see in the dark though. 🙂

CountZero

For a multi dial G-Shock, that GW 4000D isn’t bad, really quite subtle, with clear hands and numbers.
    I don’t like the red hour hand that Casio seem obsessed with, so I’m getting hold of some Lumibrite paint from the States, and I’m going to re-do the hands on mine so that they both have Lume covering the whole of the end of each hand, and thicker layers over the hour markers, so everything is clearer and brighter after dark.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rusty, looking possible in August at the moment. Will try and remember to drop you a line…!

CountZero

Here’s my G-101, with adaptors to take a Maratec NATO strap, 24mm, in this case.

LMT
    Free Member

Mines the same as “The Hustler” has up the page a bit, might be a little newer, its a great watch, just one scuff when i face planted the ground a couple of years back, oher than that still as good as new.

Always on the look out for another, almost got one in the sales at christmas, but ummed too much and it was gone by the time i went back.

ski
    Free Member

Would love this one:

GW-M5610-1BJF

I have the standard none reversed screen version for work, I found the dw-6900 series look too chunky on my narrow wrists 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Dear God will someone please tell me this thread is one big joke?

Every single one of those watches is hideously ugly, not in any good or interesting way.

ski
    Free Member

Just to p off cynic-al

this one is on my want list too:

😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

That one’s not too bad ski 😛

And it doesn’t P me off one bit, I just pity you lot 😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Mine’s fantastic

Retro ’97 G-Shock without case by paulosoxo, on Flickr

RustySpanner

cynic-al – Member

….. hideously ugly, not in any good or interesting way.

Much like your persona? 🙂

CountZero

Every single one of those watches is hideously ugly, not in any good or interesting way.

Cynic-al, I actually don’t care. I wear mine to work, around folding machines and chemicals, and I want a watch that will shrug off being bashed about and is cheap. My Seiko SPORK isn’t going to be shoved into the internals of a folding machine, the G-Shock, I don’t care.

redsox
    Free Member

eye of the beholder and all that

fasthaggis

TBF Al, you think some of your bike bodges are of unmatched beauty 😉

So I fancied a diver and started checking out Seiko on ebay. They have made some well cool watches of various types.

Is there any other manufacturer that has done similar at affordable prices say <£100? I CBA sifting through all of the watches up for sale.

So, what was your watch of choice in the end?

🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Like I say Count, you have my pity – I do actually care.

You too Rusty.

EDIT – @fasthaggis – I got a mint 7002 for a good price in the end. I am about to sell my Record and use the proceeds to service/tart up my late dad’s 50s Certina.

I have 2 more Seikos and some Swatches too. No “trendy student” Taliban Casios, or “I have a gnarly lifestyle and destroy several watches a week” G-shocks here 😛

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Mine is a GW-002E
    Unlike me, it’s never wrong…

ivornardon2
    Free Member

Take a look at Nite Watches. Ruggedy/outdoorsey type watches. I got one of the MX 10’s when I retired in 2008. Metal strap shows a few scratches but the glass hasn’t got a mark on it despite five years of outdoor and rock abuse. Still has the same battery and the flourescent display is as bright in the tent at four in the morning as it is at ten at night.

Only drawback? It only tells the time. And in an analogue stylee, at that.

Go on, you know you want to…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I used to be a G100 owner. but after 11 years it stopped; short; never to go again. When I considered my options in replacing it I thought that yes, the red hour hand was a pain to read, and it was ugly and bulky, and I doubt that I’d ever find myself 100 metres underwater with a non-working watch wishing that my watch was waterproof to 200m, and if I was, then my luck had probably run out anyway…

So two years on with an HDA 600, slimmer, lighter, and judging by its scuffed looks just as shock resistant; I couldn’t justify to myself spending up to £200 on a plastic watch.

DezB
    Free Member

What tyres for watch wearing.. could be a watch face next time etc..

nicko74

Another vote for the 5610 line, especially if you have wimpy wrists (like me). I went for the BC version (bracelet rather than strap), which is a bit different but perhaps less robust than the standard strap.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Oi! My trusty g-shock is not ugly, it looks great!

Even in the dark 🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Go a spare one of these for sale, brand new, mine has been fantastic.

£45 posted mail in profile

jeb

Ygm

Jesperwelling@gmail.com

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I love this…
    It’s a titanium pathfinder, and is solar, has thermometer, compass, altimeter etc, and I think is good enough looking to pass as a dress watch if need be 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

the one at the top is big upping the website!

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a G-Shock watch’ is closed to new replies.