Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rebound on Fox FIT F120 RLC…
  • Kryton57

How much you running? I’m running at 11 of 14 clicks with 60psi – seems a bit excessive?

Just wondering if they’re running out of oil and due for a service, although where would it go….

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

11 from full slow? What do you weigh? To me that sounds like a lot of rebound and not much pressure

Kryton57

Sorry I missed the post. 12.5t or 175 lbs.

I find the sag difficult to get with the FIT, even with the compression wound all the way off. Also I’m getting about 90mm travel and – thats it.

You reckon more pressure – so higher spring rate – then less rebound? I think I’m just finding the FIT difficult to set up.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Took me ages to get my fork set up right, although I’ve got the open bath version I found I had to have the rebound set really slow. I’m running 82psi, but I’m a little heavier than you at 185lbs.

Definitely try different settings and don’t be too worried if you’re not using full travel.

davefarmer
    Free Member

If you aren’t getting full travel, you may need a new sraper seal inside the air chamber. Some forks pump the lubrication oil from the lowers into the air chamber, reducing it’s volume, resulting in never reaching full travel.

OR,

the FIT damper is over filled with oil and expanding and binding on the inside of the stanction.

Either way a service by Mojo will sort it all out

Kryton57

Right, some more info AND I had an epiphany overnight.

Remembering a previous post on here, I carefully undid the grub screw removed the rebound knob. Lots of crud around there including INSIDE the (hollow) rebound knob – enough I reckon to stop it turning a few clicks. So I cleaned that out, a quick spray of GT85 and voila, I have 18 clicks again. Fox tech docs say the factory setting is 11 clicks mines slower at 12 but with 70psi, but I’m happy with that.

The other thing re Dave Farmer’s comment – when I let all the air out I deliverarately pushed the forks down to the max. Some light green oil (about a thumbnail sized portion) spurted out, but that was it – not sure if this indicates the issue Dave mentions or is “normal”? As mentioned I could get the forks all the way compressed.

Fork feels good pumped up though 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the non-FIT 120s were famous for only giving 100mm, are the FITs supposed to be better in accessing all the travel?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rebound on Fox FIT F120 RLC…’ is closed to new replies.