Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rebound movement on shocks – is it just me?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Or does everyone find the rebound setting moves itself during a ride? It can end up way faster or slower than when I first set it. Makers could just have a lock feature to sort it. But then again, maybe it is just me…

Rorschach
    Free Member

It will get faster with use as the shock heats up (always the issue with air shocks as the damper is surrounded by a nice insulating can full of air).

LoCo
    Free Member

rebound will vary very slightly due to heat build up on very big descents.

If the knob itself is changing I.E was 3 clicks out and moves to 5 clicks on own, the detent spring need to be tightened to increase pressure on the ball bearing (the bit that makes the click as you adjust)

welshfarmer

Does it have a platform setting which moves in the centre of the rebound? If you use this it might be dragging the rebound knobwith it each time you engage it??

Rorschach
    Free Member

My Dhx air used to go from full slow at the top of a descent (5min+) to pogo stick from hell by the bottom.

LoCo
    Free Member

Dhx air used to go from full slow at the top of a descent (5min+) to pogo stick from hell by the bottom.

That was a ‘design feature’ of those 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Along with a few other ‘interesting’ characteristics!

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes I had one, for a ride….

mjsmke

The rebound knob on my Monarch does this during a ride too. Theres 2 small grub screws in front of the rebound and compression dials. Will one of those tighten it up?

svalgis
    Free Member

Does it have a platform setting which moves in the centre of the rebound? If you use this it might be dragging the rebound knobwith it each time you engage it??

This is what happens on my Monarch.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rebound movement on shocks – is it just me?’ is closed to new replies.