Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Reba RL 29er
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of those cheap on-one oem 29er RL rebas. Currently they’re set at 100mm does anyone know if these can be adjusted internally to 120mm, or are they the fixed travel version?

Is there any way to tell?

Clink

Fancy more travel eh?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Curious really. I have 20mm of spacers under my stem too…

khani
    Free Member

If they do go to 120mm there should be a spacer still in em I assume, can you whip the lowers off to have a looksee? It’s only a five minute job to fit em (allegedly) so should be easy to check..

ssboggy

Can’t say for sure but i bought some just before christmas from On One with the taper steerer and 20mm maxel and mine were set at 120mm, i had to reduce mine down to 100mm.

metalheart
    Free Member

I think I read somewhere that the 9mm qr’s were only good for 100mm???

For 120 I think you needed maxles???

Can’t verify this, just half remembered from somewhere.

Like ssboggy mine were the tapered ones and I’ve just had them reduced. Not that that helps.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

These are the 9mm versions. I suspect you’re right metalheart – the sag indicator on the stanchions only has 80mm and 100mm showing.

I’ll whip the lowers off and have a look at some point. I can’t really be bothered at the moment!

gee
    Free Member

I am pretty certain that the QR ones only go 80mm/100mm.

GB

Ringo
    Free Member

I have some qr 120s

gee
    Free Member

Should have explained in more detail – I meant the QR ones that On-one/Merlin were doing cheap. I bought a paid and they were defo only 100mm.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

but what were they specced at when you got them?

slinkybike
    Free Member

You will only be able to answer this by taking the air assembly out if it has travel spacers fitted you can add travel by taking them out. You can also look up the SRAM Rockshox spare parts guide and it will show you the travel and type of air assembly that can be fitted to your fork. Be carefull as Reba’s had a major revision in 2012 and there internals don’t fit any pre 2012 fork. Just let the air out before you pull it apart.

slinkybike
    Free Member

Just checked the air assembly for the 2009-2011 fork is for 80-120 so you should be able to do it.

fenred
    Free Member

^^ ooh interesting, might be keen to add another 20mm to my rebas….

steve_b77
    Free Member

According to the SRAM website Reba RL’s in 29″ are 100mm max

STATO
    Free Member

According to the SRAM website Reba RL’s in 29″ are 100mm max

As the on-one reba’s are blatantly OE spec, nothing on the rockshox website will tell you what they will be like inside. Thats the problem with OE stuff, you never really know what your getting.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Reba RL 29er’ is closed to new replies.