Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reba set up.
  • woodsa
    Free Member

I’ve just put some new Rock shox Reba’s on my commencal and i’m a little bit sketchy about + and – psi’s. I’ve intially set them both at 145psi but i’ve been told that – has to be less. I do like a sus fork to be quite pumped as I can’t get to grips with sloppy feeling front end.
    I’m 12 and half stone and ride quite aggresively when I can. Mostly Chilterns type rooty single track. Any ideas?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Pump up tyres,

Squish forks til it feels right, prat around a bit..

Repeat to fade…

I think you can get to drawn into the minute details, just trial and eror IMHO.

retro83
    Free Member

1 let all the air out of the neg, let all the air out of the pos (PROTIP: turn the fork upside down when doing the neg, or the oil will spray out)

2 put enough air in the pos to get roughly the right sag (or slightly less than usual)

3 put the same PSI in the neg.

job done

LoCo
    Free Member

Check out my setup guide:

http://locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html

set the fork air pressure using the sag, when pressurizing the forks do the positve air chamber first and then the negative.

Some people also run 5psi more in the negative to get a bit more small bump sensitivity as it helps get the fork moving.

woodsa
    Free Member

Cheers dudes

Alex

I’m about that weight. Run Reba Teams. Less than 100psi in +/- to get 25% sag. RS known for sticking silly suggestions on the forks.

stumpy01

I’m a similar weight I think & have mine set to between 145 and 155 psi.

I fiddled with different pressures in the + & – chambers but always ended up putting them back to the same value.
    I seem to spend much more time getting the rebound correct.

13thfloormonk

Sorry to complicate things here, but I use the positive pressure to set the ‘spring weight’ then use the negative to set sag. Pretty sure thats the whole point of dual air!

e.g. Set the positive pressure to the recommended pressure (as a starting point) the set the negative to the same pressure. Mess around on trails to make sure you’re getting full travel. Once you’re achieving full travel (by twiddling postive pressures) then set the negative pressure to achieve the correct sag.

I like the front to sit high, and be quite lively, so I run significantly less negative than positive. It sounds a little tedious but its made a real difference to how the bike handles.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reba set up.’ is closed to new replies.