Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Reba RL 2012- not holding air? Dropping 70psi in 2 days.
  • ska-49
    Free Member

Looking for a little help.
    I purchased a set of Reba RL forks from merlin a couple weeks ago. I set them up as per the RS instructions (120psi for my weight). Rode them an they felt great. I go back to my bike a day later and noticed the forks sat at 70mm travel (instead of 100mm). Checked the pressure and the -ve and +ve chambers have dropped to 40/50psi.

I checked online and followed the instructions set out by MTBR- 1. forks upside down. 2. empty both chambers. 3. Pump up +ve to 40% then pump up -ve to 10psi below the +ve. 4. Pump them both up to set amount.

I then rode the bike and the forks performed great again. Come back 2 days later and pressures dropped to 40/50psi again. Ive just pumped them up again but imagine it will leak by tomorrow again.

Faulty pair of forks? Should I contact merlin and send them back?

Cheers all.

bigbloke
    Free Member

mmmmm sound faulty, i have just taken delivery of the 120mm version this week from same place which set up fine and are ok… (but goes to look out of paranoia now)

slinkybike
    Free Member

That much air loss shoulds like an issue, but you bought new so I would not worry. Could be a bunch of different things but the Sram techs would be able to diagnose it quickly some times it can be as simple as one twisted or undersized o-ring.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

SRAM are very good, they should sort it quickly for you. I bought a new set of SID off eBay that were faulty didn’t bother with the seller just. Sent them to SRAM, sorted in a week. If ever there was a reason to stick with rock shox then that’s it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Reba RL 2012- not holding air? Dropping 70psi in 2 days.’ is closed to new replies.