• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • REBA poploc help please
  • maxsatnav
    Free Member

Hi,
    i have a set of 100mm reba with poploc fitted as pic.
    it appears that the default is in lockout and to obtain travel i need to push the lever to activate…

couple of questions

1 Is this correct
    2 is there a way of getting rid of the pop loc as i dont use lockout and would prefer the travel

oliverracing

yep – very easily (I did it to mine about a month ago)

Just take the damper out (24mm socket I think?) and take the damer apart ( simple enough for most pople but it is reverse threaded, so righty loosy/lefty tighty), remove the spring and reassemble minus spring – it can them be moved to any position you like when re-installed – You can just leave the cable reel on top and move it to where you want with your fingers

taxi25
    Free Member

Other way round, you push the lever to lock out.

andyl
    Free Member

Use the ferrule end of a gear cable and pass the cut end through the black end stop. Rotate the knob to unlocked and then clamp up the cable. then you have an invisible fix to always open.

edit: if you end up with a bit of slack then you might be able to back off the black clamp bolt and rotate it a bit to take out the slack and then nip it up.

jimw
    Free Member

Yup, The Reba Solo Air’s I have are like that, irritating isn’t it.

maxsatnav
    Free Member

@taxi25
    thats what i thought but not the case here

@andy

good quick fix that may try later

taxi25
    Free Member

No idea either I’ve had 3 forks with a poploc and the default has always been suspension, you push the lever to lock out. Maybe some models are different ???

oliverracing

I’ve pretty sure the pre 2012 ones were like that but the newer ones aren’t, not a clue why!

jimw
    Free Member

I’ve pretty sure the pre 2012 ones were like that but the newer ones aren’t, not a clue why!

Could be because the older ones often were very slow to release from locked to unlocked when the cables got sticky, the newer versions stay open until the cabe retracts with the spring which may be safer?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘REBA poploc help please’ is closed to new replies.