Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • reba fork – with a 20mm maxle?
  • nosedive
    Free Member

I really want to put a 20mm maxle fork on my hardtail. Does anyone one know if the reba 90-120 air u turn is available with a maxle ? the rockshox site seems to say it is but I cant find one.

failing that can anyone suggest another 100mm fork with a 20mm through axle?

Cheers!

nosedive
    Free Member

interesting. I see this is listed as 80\100\120 travel. Is there a way of adjusting between those settings? An internal spacer or something?

my frame is really old, I’m worried running at 120mm might make it handle like a chopper

tragically1969
    Free Member

my frame is really old, I’m worried running at 120mm might make it handle like a chopper

So why put a maxle front end on it then ?

nosedive
    Free Member

good question, i have a 20mm on my full suss and I kind of like them, feels a bit safer than a QR which I have deflected in the drop outs a couple of times

and I want to be able to swap wheels between the bikes quickly

I was thinking of a 15mm fork which seems a bit easier to find but then I couldn’t use my hope bulb wheel which only has QR or 20mm end caps

Tiger6791

Is there a way of adjusting between those settings?

Yep, it’s U-turn as per your request

nosedive
    Free Member

thank you Tiger6791, now all I have to do is find a big load of cash (perhaps convincing the mrs that this is best done before the VAT increase is an option!)

danti

I was after exactly the same fork as you’re asking about 80or90-120mm Reba with 20mm Maxle lite and was told they aren’t selling such a thing in this country by Fisher (their importers).

I think you’ll find those on JE James are internally adjustable with 10 or 20mm spacers and don’t have U-Turn.
    By all means ask em to confirm, if they are u-turn then put a post up as there’s a few folk who would like them.
    Cheers

nosedive
    Free Member

ok danti, if I get chance to swing by the shop I will post an update

takisawa2

Air U-turns can suffer from clunking unless run fully-out or fully-in.
    Could you get away with a Rev wound down to 110mm?
    Maxle is the way to go.

nosedive
    Free Member

a rev wound down to 110 might work. Do the spring rates make sense at the lower end of the travel range? I could only find revs though that adjust between 120 and 150
    on the plus side that would give me a fork that I could still use if I ever replace the frame for something more modern

takisawa2

You’ll adjust the pos/neg chambers to suit your needs, obviously; but mine just sinks lower a bit lower into its travel if I wind it out from 110mm. I’m running mine at 110mm at the moment, as I’ve stripped my FS down for the winter & built a GT HT up. On my FS I run them at 140mm all the time.
    I know this years Revs are 150mm but I thought they done a 140mm verion also. Mine are 2009’s.
    The clunking is donw to play in the plastic helix on the air U-tunr assy. I find it a bit unnerving, but that asiude but functionly the forks are superb.

nuke

What danti said. Based on that link, they are the internally adjusted ones.

Maxle and U-Turn Rebas are as raw as rocking horse poo…I’ve searched for a set for a while but it’s probably easier to take a U-Turn set of Reba with QR and swap the lowers to Maxle if you *really* had to have both

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘reba fork – with a 20mm maxle?’ is closed to new replies.