Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reba and pushloc problem
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Probably about a 2012/2013 Reba RL. Problem is that the remote lockout isn’t springing back into the lockout position. Was working fine until a particularly muddy wet ride last week.

Detached the pushloc cable from the fork and it looks like it’s the dial on top of the fork that’s really stiff and doesn’t spring back to the lockout position. Took the screw off that holds down the dial and suddenly it’s springy again. I can turn the dial by hand and it springs back to the lockout position when I let it go. Put the screw in, even just a few turns without tightening it properly, and it’s stiff again and won’t return.

Any ideas?

The dial, screw and stop look just like the ones in this photo…

jwh
    Free Member

I had the same issue. In the end i gave up trying to get the cable to smooth and just removed it. Took the plastic holder with the spring in it apart and removed the spring. Then i bought a new top cap with a knob on it and its been fine – had to pack the new knob a bit, but it does not spin/ move on its own by accident.

i bought one of these for my forks: https://www.bicyclehero.com/gb/catalogsearch/result/?q=RockShox+Comp+Knob+Kit+MoCo+DNA+SID+RLT+

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks. Bit of a pain that as I do like having the remote on the bars and use it quite a bit.

Anyone got any ideas that’ll let me keep the remote? I’d have assumed that the screw was just to hold the dial in place so puzzling that it’s causing the whole thing to seize.

antigee

had similar – this long but useful video explains how to remove the lockout unit and reattach the spring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrR8IO3Lex4

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well took the damper out of the fork and I think the spring wasn’t seated quite right. Put it all back together and it’s springy again. Doesn’t seem quite springy enough enough though as it’s still not quite got enough pull to reset the pushloc.

The pushloc itself really does seem a bit rubbish. The cable run around that bend is tight and draggy. Anything I can do to improve this? Is there a better designed pushloc available?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Notice they now do a OneLoc as a replacement for a PushLoc. Any better?

antigee

don’t reckon so but would be interested if you get a result

problem is the spring in the motion control unit not the cable control

’tis a bag of sram

welshfarmer

My pushlock on my 2014 Rebas didn’t even last a single ride before they went stiff! Basically it is a crap design. My mate has the hydraulic poploc version of a lock out on some Revs and that seems to work fine all the time

mrblobby
    Free Member

Does seem that the spring is only just springy enough to overcome the resistance inherent in the stupid lever design. Then any sort of grit or dirt and it dies. Tempted to swap the whole damper for a hydro operated one but seems a bit of a waste on a cheap pair of Reba RL.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reba and pushloc problem’ is closed to new replies.