Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Reba 29er Maxle 120 availability
  • robkhoo
    Free Member

Anyone know if these are still available from Fishers? I have checked on their website but couldn't see the 20mm fork, only the qr one.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I don't think you'll get a pair anywhere on the planet

Manitou's seem the way to go, they're cheaper plus they don't get creaking crowns

robkhoo
    Free Member

Poo. I can't seem to make the mental leap of faith that would be required in order to get Manitous. Plan B then: could you fit 09 lowers to 07 uppers?

sillyoldman

Try Stif – they might have some via sister company Jungle (used on Tallboy and Niners?)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I'd heard from a 29'er obsessed buddy that they're not coming into the UK anymore. I don't recall if this is because of SRAM or the importer.

MrTall
    Free Member

Are they not available from the States anymore?

That's where i got mine from last year.

Sam

Not showing in my (dealer) view of Fisher stock – not even listed, it appears to be QR only. They do have a variety of upper and lower assemblies, but I'm not sure as to compatibility. They are generally very good if you call them.

tang
    Free Member

wheelsandsprockets ebay shop in the states were selling them, and lowers only a while back. i got my 26" team maxles from them at a bargain price. shipped quickly and not OEM.

bigsi
    Free Member

Was chatting to Freeborn in Horsham when i was in there on Friday buying my Banshee Paradox which was designed around a 120mm Reba and they told me that they can't get them at the moment as they are not being bought in to the UK (same goes for Fox F29s) They can order the q/r ones and then buy the lowers and maxel seperatly buy you end up paying for the forks plus £200 for new lowers and then circa £60 for a maxel!!!!!!!!

Have a look on ebay.com as some US bike shops are selling them on there and will ship to the UK. When i looked a few weeks ago they were on buy it now for about £400-£450 + £50 shipping and then i guess you need to add the customs duty on top of that.

I'm just going to get a set of the minutes as I'm currently running the 100mm bolt through ones and they are as good as the Rockshox I've had in the past once you've got them set up right, plus it leaves me cash for a new crank set 😛

ton

si, how much was the paradox??

bigsi
    Free Member

£425 which i know some will feel is a bit steep for an alu frame but it build quality looks spot on. Big chunky rear brake mount, box section rear stays. Its even got enough frame guides to run a remote gravity dropper and a Hamissmitte (sp) thingy.

If you want one you need to be quick as i got the last XL in the UK and as of last Friday they only have an L & M left. No more available until November at the earliest 😯

Lovely bike, I'm very happy with it 😛

robkhoo
    Free Member

What are peoples views on the Manitou Minute 20mm then? Haven't used a Manitou fork since a go on some R7s a few years ago. Stiffness and reliability would be my main concerns; I saw some reviews on Mtbr and they weren't exactly glowing with praise.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I got a set of 2010s from Rutland Cycling's ebay shop about 6 weeks ago, worth having a look to see if they have any left in store.

BoardinBob

edit

bigsi
    Free Member

I like the minutes, apart from the faffy bolt through release which is 5 allen key bolts 😯

Had mine for a year now and they have been fine, had an issue back end of the summer last year which was my fault but that got sorted under warranty 😛

bonesetter
    Free Member

One important thing to note is that Manitou call the Minute a MARS air spring. Not sure what it stands for but it is a hybrid. There is a small coil spring in series with the air spring. The fork is supplied from the factory with a medium spring. For a 200lb rider they recommended a firm spring. You can set the sag using air pressure but the resultant higher pressure results in a less linear feel. In other words, a ramping up of it's action and possibly not getting full travel. It is a very easy job to change the spring.

The main gripe folk have with this fork, as Si says is needing to undo 5 hex keys to remove the wheel

markenduro
    Free Member

could you fit 09 lowers to 07 uppers?
    Yep. Got some from the states on ebay last year for £65 delivered, were second hand but you couldn't tell. God knows what happened to the stanchions though to be selling the lowers only…
    Only slight issue is that the negative air valve is about 1" up inside the leg so is difficult to get at when they are built up. It is a massive improvement over the flexy POS that they were before.

bigsi
    Free Member

Good point about the spring Bonesetter. I got mine changed for a firm (could have gone xtra firm) and they are a totally different fork, before i did it i couldn't get sufficent pressure in them without them bottoming out on rough stuff but with the firm spring i can ramp the pressure up and i love em, would def get another pair 😛

bonesetter
    Free Member

Have you found it a PITA having to use 2 hex keys to remove the wheel?

I suppose iy you're on the trail you would use a multitool which would make it a little quicker…?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

5 bolts is a faff 🙁

but the forks are nice, and very light for what they are (trade off with a little extra flex)

i've 80mm 29er QRs and 120mm 26" bolt thrus

bigsi
    Free Member

I wouldn't say its a PITA as you get used to it and as my riding buddies will tell you i'm not the quickest to fix punctures on the trail. It would however be a lot easier if i didn't have Halo hubs where the cone on eiter side fall off when you take the wheel out of the forks 👿

TooTall
    Free Member

A couple of comments on mtbr that hint at a problem with the lowers having 'issues' resulting in wheels sitting in the forks out of true.

Stoner
    Free Member

How odd. I love my 120mm maxle rebas.

best forks Ive ever owned.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I think we all agree on the Reba's perfection – it's the second best available option we're discussing 😉

KT1973
    Free Member

How odd. I love my 120mm maxle rebas.

best forks Ive ever owned.

+1. I've got the 26" Reba Teams w/maxle lite 20mm and they are fantastic

Jerome…

@ Markenduro: I like the idea of swapping on 20mm maxle lowers 07 uppers, but am slightly put off by your comment re the negative spring access. Can you get a pump onto the valve, or do you need to partially dismantle the fork to adjust negative air?

Thanks in advance,

Jerome

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Reba 29er Maxle 120 availability’ is closed to new replies.