Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Reasons to be cheerful…
  • cranberry
    Free Member

1. There is a free tasting session for Italian chesses at work today:

Taleggio DOP:

Taleggio is a washed rind and smear-ripened Italian cheese that is named after Val Taleggio. The cheese has a strong aroma, but its flavour is comparatively mild with an unusual fruity tang. Its crust is thin and studded with salt crystels.

Testun:

Testun is a semi-firm mixed milk cheese from the Piedmont region of Italy. The cheese has a beautiful complex flavor thanks the sweet and grassy milk from alpine pastures and its aging process. It ages for a minimum period of four months in small oak barrel under the residues of the Nebbiolo grapes, the grape to make Barolo wine. The fruity wine flavors seep into the crumbly paste. This adds a little bit more of complexity to its flavor.

Provolone dolce:

The term Provolone (meaning large Provola) appeared around the end of the 19th century, when it started to be manufactured in the Southern regions of Italy, and this cheese assumed its current large size. The smaller sized variant is called Provola and comes in plain and smoked (“affumicata”) varieties.

Gorgonzola Erborinato:

Gorgonzola is a veined Italian blue cheese, made from unskimmed cow’s and/or goat’s milk. It can be buttery or firm, crumbly and quite salty, with a ‘bite’ from its blue veining.

Fontna Aosta:

Fontina is a cow’s milk Italian cheese. Fontina cheese has been made in the Aosta Valley, in the Alps since the 12th century. It has a milk fat content of around 45%. As with many original varieties, the name “Fontina” has been imposed upon by such derivatives as “Fontinella”, “Fontal”, and “Fontella”. Italian Fontina can be identified by a Consorzio (Consortium) stamp of the Matterhorn including the script “FONTINA”.

What are your reasons to be cheerful today ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

1, 2, 3

racefaceec90

have just been shopping.eating a big bag of cheese tortilla chips.also have a 14″ chargrilled chicken/pepper pizza in fridge.all the healthy options 😉 edit forgot to add special offer on bassets jelly babies.£2.00 for box of them from morrisons 😀

TheFlyingOx

Got a day off work cos of a possible gas leak last night. Still have to be here but I’m just drinking coffee and fannying about on the internet. It’s like a normal day at work really, except now I don’t have to pretend to look busy.

Pook

FREE ENTRY!

😉

PS: lucky bugger.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve won the euro millions lottery

I haven’t, but it would make me cheerful!

allmountainventure
    Free Member

part 3

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Found out earlier that Mr Big are playing Shepherds Bush in September and have booked tickets – that makes me cheerful

SiB
    Free Member

its nearly home time

free sample massages at work today (head only unfortunately)

had a good curry for lunch

wind behind me on commute home and its not raining

Cheerful indeed!

stratobiker
    Free Member

Just got back from a hard road ride with the club….had a shower….relaxing with a beer. 🙂

willard

At work, car is still leaking diesel and, if I connected up the battery again, would probably still be setting the alarm off.

Other than that, today’s been shit.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Up and down week, but hey at least we’re not in a civil war – we take it all for granted.

stratobiker
    Free Member

The wife has just cuddled my head to her bosoms and told me that everything is goona be alright. 🙂

Cougar

Taleggio is a washed rind and smear-ripened Italian cheese

What the frank is “smear ripened” when it’s at home? If I had smear ripened cheese I’d go to the clinic.

cranberry
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mr big?

Epic,

My reason to be cheerful?

Im on the beach…..with an Estrella 🙂

Back soon(ish)

🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Off to see the mighty Cinderella at Shepherds Bush on Saturday as well Mr Flash. That’s gonna be epic too!

Tinners

had a good curry for lunch

wind behind me on commute home

I take it those 2 phrases are linked?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

its only my king headset which is ****, not my custom solitude.

phew.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Reasons to be cheerful…’ is closed to new replies.