Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • reasonably priced espresso machine?
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Hi folks. I’m looking for a decent machine to make an espresso. I’m working away from home and ive had to leave my trusty gaggia classic at home. I’m ideally looking on ebay for something but not wanting to shell out too much. I grind my own beans so don’t need anything fancy.. any ideas would be much appreciated 🙂

turbo1397
    Free Member

Anyone?

AndyRT
    Free Member

I hear the Sage machines are OK

mucker

Bialetti one cup espresso maker, all you need £20.

Bialetti

nickdavies

Either a stove top espresso maker if you can use one at your digs, or an aeropress. £22, just needs a kettle and cleaning is simple.

theotherjonv

If you want something that makes decent enough Espresso, is portable enough that you can transport easily, has good resale value if you want to get rid eventually – go Nespresso.

£65 including free pods to start you off, and you can get compatibles in any supermarket nowadays.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4366609

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Bialetti 1 cup is too smal imo, get a larger size. Good suggestion.

turbo1397
    Free Member

[*]As I don’t have a lot of time I ended up getting a Francis Francis Y3 for illy pods. Got one 1/2 price and I like illy.. so jobs a good’un!

ade9933
    Free Member

Define “reasonable” please. Espresso machines are like mountain bikes when it comes spendiness.

ade9933
    Free Member

Ah just seen…

andyfla
    Free Member

Aeropress, not a machine and not quite an espresso but makes good enough coffee to get you by away from home

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘reasonably priced espresso machine?’ is closed to new replies.