Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rear Shock Setup Help – Father Dougal knowledge levels
  • mazdarati

Ok, so have been riding full suss for past 9 mths. Have never once adjusted or checked my rear shock. Riding a Salsa El Kaboing with a Fox Rp2. Had it set at 160psi which was what Salsa recommend for my weight being a fat ****. Still felt it a little wallowy so whacked it up to 190psi and now it climbs like a billy goat.

Only problem is the rear end now kicks quite a bit on big bumps (enough to get airborne once or twice)

So my question is can i diall out the kick with the rebound thingamajig or do i need to lower the air pressure.

I still seem to be getting the same amount of travel out of the rear as I reset my rubber band thingy and always tend to bottom out on one big jump on my usual spin.

Sorry about the ignorance of all this stuff, but would appreciate if someone can give me a hand.

Thanks!

LoCo
    Free Member

http://locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html 😀

Slow rebound down, set air pressure on the sag.

fivespot
    Free Member

As Loco suggests. And to try and simplify it a bit more, I tend to run 190-200 psi in my Fox air shocks on the last 3 bikes I have owned, on all of them , I tend to run about 3 clicks from max rebound. Turn the red rebound dial clockwise until it stops, then, back of anti-clockwise 3 clicks. You wont be far off there 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rear Shock Setup Help – Father Dougal knowledge levels’ is closed to new replies.