Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rear mounted racks – like on transporter et al???
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I have a new shape Berlingo and either put the bike inside (clean) or roof (if dirty).

I like the look of the semi permanent rear mounted fold out tray racks like transporters etc have.

Are their any that fit normal boot lids? what is good? Do NOT want to drill into teh boot lid. Cloth straps are a NO NO

wwaswas

Halfords do one that uses metal ‘straps’ to hold the rack on – now drilling etc.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Any mileage in getting a towbar? I can’t see how you would get a ‘tray’ one on without boot surgery otherwise. The thule towball racks are a bit pricey but really really great.

FWIW I would always take bikes dirthy or clean inside vehicle if at all possible simply because scallies spot a nice bike on a car, follow you home and break in at their leisure. 😕

thomthumb
    Free Member

seen this?

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/thread-260.html

the fiamma one from a t4 fits a berlingo.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

which rack – anyone know a link??

MasterOfNone
    Free Member

Have a look at the Thule Back Pack. Got one permanently fitted to the back of my Bongo and is ideal! metal straps at the top, tensioned up with a hook under the bottom of the boot lid no drilling required. easy to remove if required, but permanent enough to stay on all the time…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rear mounted racks – like on transporter et al???’ is closed to new replies.