Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rear maxle question
  • FieldMarshall

I'm after a spare rear maxle (135 x 12) for my Five for a 8 day trip to Scotland, just in case.

Can't believe how expensive they are.

Anyhow the cheapest I have found is listed as a Commencal Rear Maxle. But no size is given.

I assume that this will be 135mm x 12mm.

Can anyone confirm.

Cheers

racing_ralph
    Free Member

why tho – as if it will break!

ianpinder
    Free Member

if its just for a spare take a normal 12mm axle at least it will keep you riding.

STATO
    Free Member

as if it will break!

I saw several riders loose the QR axle from their rear maxle in France last year so a spare in the tool box might not be a bad idea (or fix the lever to the frame with a cable tie or something)

just for a spare take a normal 12mm axle

The maxle has a threaded dropout so a normal 12mm axle prob wont be the same thread (you might be able to try a few tho)

FieldMarshall

If it can be broken, then I can guarantee that I will break it.

We have been planning this road odyessey for months, so am leaving nothing to chance.

It would be disappointing to get all the way to Golspie and then suffer a broken maxle.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I actually have one, I no longer have a need for. Its only been used a handfull of times, if you would like to make me a (reasonable) offer on it?

FieldMarshall

Yes, I am very interested.

Is £20 posted reasonable?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I'd do it for £30 posted (as they seem to be £50 new now???)

Can post it tomorrow, would go Special Delivery so you will have it on Wednesday too 🙂

FieldMarshall

Petra cycles have them at £38.38 new, so how does £25 posted sound or am I just being tight and unreasonable?!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Go on then, £25 posted!

Mail me to sort the details out if you like:

chris_archer@yahoo.com

FieldMarshall

Cheers. You have a deal.

YGM.

cy

FWIW the rear Maxle uses a standard M12 thread, so even a M12 x 170mm bolt would do in a pinch.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Good lord, now there's a candidate for that bodge thread on here the other day.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rear maxle question’ is closed to new replies.