Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Rear maxle help
  • Jiffy

Hi – I'm after a bit of help. I recently got a new bike (GT Sanction if anyones interested) with a rear maxle. I've noticed in the last few rides that the rear wheel never seems to tighten fully. I had assumed that it was early bearing failure but I have now switched these for new and there is still a perceptible side to side wobble.

When I was looking last night I noticed that the cam on the QR skewer of my rear maxle looks like it's been crushed a little, which reminded me that I may have over tightened it when I was first (ham-fistedly) trying to figure out how it worked….

Anyway, I think that this might be the problem but new maxles seem to be in short supply and cost a fair bit so I was wondering if any other rear QR skewer will work because I can't see anything particularly special about the one supplied. If so, does anyone have a recommendation for a skewer that is a good fit for the slot that is used to unscrew the maxle.

All help will be much appreciated…

FieldMarshall

I may be wrong but if you have a maxle rear end on your bike and the dropouts are not replaceable/changeable then you are stuck with having to use a rear maxle, as nothing else will fit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Rear maxle help’ is closed to new replies.