Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rear lights
  • Taff
    Free Member

Been using a Cateye TL-LD170 for the past month or so but had major issues with water tightness so it is no more. I’m after another that is just as bright for similar money. Ideally something that could be moved from one bike to another with ease. perhaps Femto, Lunar R1 or BBB alternative. Femto looks very appealing with the exception of the review of the threads.

scud
    Free Member

Been using one of these, certainly get you noticed (watch the film clip!)

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/pdw-portland-design-works—danger-zone-rear-light-mental-1912-p.asp

nealy
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Commuter set up is a Moon Shield 60 on the helmet, Holy Hand Grenade of Cateye on the rack.

Regularly get comments on how bright it all is from other people on the road. Which I think is a good thing….

nbt

For the past ten years or so I’ve been using the same Cateye Tl-LD 1100. No issues at all with waterproofing, bit more expensive but hey, you pay for quality

pdw
    Free Member

Lunar R1 is not the answer to water tightness issues. I’ve got two – absolutely fine on a bike with mudguards, but have failed every time on a bike without.

+1 for the Moon Shield. Very bright, but can’t really comment on the water tightness.

Taff
    Free Member

The Cateye one is over budget for me. Like the one form Charlie though That is some serious brightness!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

but can’t really comment on the water tightness.

A year old, and used every day on a commute, come rain or shine. All good so far!

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Lunar R2 looks the way to go, same as the one in the CBM vid.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got 2x R2’s (overkill, very definately overkill, but they were BOGOF) currently mounted on the pannier rack, but I’d like to mount them higher up somehow (i.e. drivers eye level), maybe I’ll make some sort of saddle rail mount for them.

And a magichsine rear light run off the same battery as the front. no angel adjustment so it points down at the ground form the seatpost leaving a nice pool of light.

eyerideit
    Free Member

If I was getting one it would be the Moonshield.

Extremely bright, but a little over what you want to spend.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rear lights’ is closed to new replies.