Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rear mechs SRAM or SHIMANO
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Just wondering really. Of course comparing like for like price wise of course.

SRAM are they better or just bought by those wishing to be different?

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

take your pick. i've got XT on my P7 and X9 on the Yeti. They both do the job.nothing to seperate them.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I like SRAM because of the clicky shifts and the 1:1 ratio.
    bit like how i prefer the hope hub noise rather than the silent shimano. no doubt both mechs are good. i think it comes down to personal preference.

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

Been using a Sram X0 for over a year now and still as smooth as butter and in great condition. Great gear shifting too.

retro83
    Free Member

I've got SLX on one bike and X7 on the other. The Shimano stuff has a lighter action, the SRAM has a more positive click to it.

Both work equally well as far as I can tell though.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

XTR on one bike, and X0 on another. Both great, but still dont really get on with the push-push triggers of the SRAM.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

jackal
    Free Member

SLX on my cotic and new Saint on the morewood, not had chance to try out the saint but i love the slx (with slx shifters) for the money, nice strong springs in the rear mech's (especially the saint) helps keep the chain on.

Also, i'm so glad shimano bought out the '2 way release shifter' means i don't have to use a sram shifter now, don't know how i used to cope with rapidfire..

Prefer the new shimano stuff to the x7 and x9's i had previously, also had an x5 rear mech couple of years ago, lasted about 4 month 😕

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rear mechs SRAM or SHIMANO’ is closed to new replies.