Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • really, over an f'ing card
  • aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

tescos in soapy bubble because they aparantley hate gingers

come round to my house if you want to be really offended, just leave the gingers at home

theotherjonv

Redhead gets herself worked up about nothing in particular.

So how's that news?

soobalias
    Free Member

someone got offended, someone else would get offended if the card said ****.
    the fact that nobody is allowed to be offended anymore is an idea i find quite offensive.

bruneep

bargin price too

Ambrose

Are you offended by the fact that we are not allowed to make you offended?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I fail to see why we are still allowed to mock ginger people but we are enlightened enough [ok most of us are ] to not mock the disabled, black people, gays etc.
    Mocking people for things they have no control or influence over is not reasonable IMHO.

bruneep

Loving the York Press headline

Mum wouldn't be looking for a cash payout would she?

brakes
    Free Member

allowed to mock people?
    allowed!?!

humour is mockery
    life without humour is nothing
    mockery is everything

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

christ, she's 30, obviousley puntin' out 3 gingers takes its toll on your looks too

theotherjonv

I've got a bit of a thing for auburn. And when it said 30 year old I had quite high hopes….

Does time pass faster in York or something?

Coyote
    Free Member

So…

It would be OK to say;

"Santa loves all kids, even **** ones"
    "Santa loves all kids, even black ones"
    "Santa loves all kids, even spastic ones"

Just checking how level the playing field is. Not trying to cause offense like.

Jamie
    Free Member

A mince pie for the headline writer at the York Press I feel.

djglover
    Free Member

I have a ginger haired kid, one of two twin girls, one has brown hair and one ginger hair. If any of you rugged mountain biking types made that joke about her in front of her and her sister I would rip your throat out.

That is all

rOcKeTdOg

mother "snaps"

classic

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

ok, i'm fat and i've had all sorts of crap thrown at me from all sorts (including rugged mountain bike types) but i don't go home and start ringing the newspapers everytime someone makes a fat joke on telly.

the noughties are going to be known for people moaning about everything until we can' say anything in public due to fear of being flogged

julianwilson
    Free Member

^^ 😯 !!

djglover
    Free Member

aslongasithaswheels – Member
    ok, i'm fat and i've had all sorts of crap thrown at me from all sorts (including rugged mountain bike types) but i don't go home and start ringing the newspapers everytime someone makes a fat joke on telly.

the noughties are going to be known for people moaning about everything until we can' say anything in public due to fear of being flogged
    Er

You can do something about being fat, and you are a grown man. A very different situation

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I have a ginger haired kid, one of two twin girls, one has brown hair and one ginger hair. If any of you rugged mountain biking types made that joke about her in front of her and her sister I would rip your throat out.

That is all

Crikey, nsoh

grumm
    Free Member

humour is mockery
    mockery is everything

I enjoy mockery as much as the next person, but I'm not sure that always mocking the same groups of people for being different is a particularly great thing – especially when actual bullying of ginger kids is quite common.

I kind of find the card amusing and would possibly buy it for an adult mate who was ginger, but I can see why it could be pretty unpleasant for a ginger kid being bullied at school to see that in a shop.

takisawa2

Being a gingernut myself I am deeply offended.
    🙂
    The kid on the card even looks like me as a child.

I need compensation please.
    CRC/Wiggle vouchers are fine.

bruneep

What about us
    Our day will come.

theotherjonv

and you could do something about that temper

Look – we all know its wrong and that's why we only take the piss from the safety of behind our computers. I wouldn't dare to take the piss out of your daughter face to face, and it's not because you have threatened to murder me if i did. I hope you can see the similarity between hyperbole in humour and your comment? I'm not going to take you literally, don't make the same mistake.

Junkyard
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    allowed to mock people?
    allowed!?!

humour is mockery
    mockery is everything

Lets live life to the full then and tell me all your racist jokes ?
    I am not actually trying to ban humour or mockery …it is the bit about mocking people for things they have no control over you missed …it is more like bullying than humour
    Do you laugh at disabled kids in wheelchairs, dwarves, thalidomide victims, pull faces at blind people and steal their dogs …where is you line exactly?

retro83
    Free Member

it's a taboo

monkeychild
    Free Member

What about cards poking fun at baldies, being old etc etc??? Jesus H where does it end??

benji_allen
    Free Member

Political correctness is GAY!

brakes
    Free Member

where is you line exactly?

just behind Frankie Boyle

Onzadog
    Free Member

a little soothing tune

sorry, beaten by 4 minutes!

Junkyard
    Free Member

seen him live did not do any Ginger jokes that I recall but a rather bad taste one about the Mc Cann child and gay IIRC.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Most of what people seem to be listing a genuine life affecting things (being blind, wheelchair bound etc).

Ginger hair is just that, ginger hair. It isnt a disability unless your dad doesnt have a sense of humour and prefers to tear peoples throats out, then you've got to spend your childhood growing up without a dad cos he's in prison for assault

grumm
    Free Member

Lets live life to the full then and tell me all your racist jokes ?

The thing is, there are some tasteless jokes that I do find amusing (yes even some racist ones) – but I can see that many people would find them offensive and unpleasant, so I wouldn't expose those people to them.

Maybe that makes me a hypocrite – to me it just seems like being honest with myself but trying to be sensitive to other peoples' feelings.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Ginger hair is just that, ginger hair. It isnt a disability unless your dad doesnt have a sense of humour and prefers to tear peoples throats out, then you've got to spend your childhood growing up without a dad cos he's in prison for assault

I work with a guy who has a ginger wife and 2x ginger kids. His house must proper stink of wee wee. I'll get me coat 😉 I have never actually heard him threaten violence over the usual workplace jibes. It's a joke ffs get over it!

jon1973
    Free Member

Coyote – Member

So…

It would be OK to say;

"Santa loves all kids, even **** ones"
    "Santa loves all kids, even black ones"
    "Santa loves all kids, even spastic ones"

Just checking how level the playing field is. Not trying to cause offense like.

🙄 Coyote is clearly Ginger

grumm
    Free Member

. It's a joke ffs get over it!

I imagine that's a bit easier to say if the joke isn't ALWAYS about you though.

(I'm not a ginger by the way 😉 )

Coyote
    Free Member

So, c'mon then let's dust down all the Bernard Manning jokes. I presume we are all comfortable with racism and homophobia. After all…

It's a joke ffs get over it!

Oh and…

Coyote is clearly ginger

Used to be a luxurious brunette. Now have it down to the wood. Grumm pretty much sums up my thoughts.

bruneep

I imagine that's a bit easier to say if the joke isn't ALWAYS about you though.

get a set of clippers and endure the baldy jibes then. 🙄

monkeychild
    Free Member

Well being of the slightly folically challenged nature, I get the mick taken out of me as well. But I don't bloody whinge about it, I take the mick back and laugh and joke and generally enjoy life instead of being offended at everything. Some folk need some lighten up juice seriously.

bruneep

…another thing why are all the smilies bald?
    😯

I am really offended now, can I sue STW towers?

monkeychild
    Free Member

…another thing why are all the smilies bald?

I am really offended now, can I sue STW towers?

I too am offended I demand them to be withdrawn!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘really, over an f'ing card’ is closed to new replies.