Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • really old savings certificates
  • maxray
    Free Member

Clearing through a load of old stuff I found some savings certificates from 1982… So how do I go about finding out their current value or how to get at them as the certificate booklet doesnt have phone numbers or anything. Do I just go into a Post Office?

jova54
    Free Member

Try having a look here;

http://www.nsandi.com/index.jsp

Are they Premium Bonds or actual certificates?

maxray
    Free Member

ah cheers jova, gave ns and i a ring but they wont tell me anything on the phone so theyre going to send me a statement. They look more like 1942 not 1982, like a little ration book.

jova54
    Free Member

Intriguing.

If they are 1942 could be a savings book with savings stamps in, had them when I were a lad in the 1950’s. 😉

If it’s a ration book may be worth seeing if a local museum would take them for their living archive.

maxray
    Free Member

lol nah they are 1982, just easy to forget its 27years ago :o)

only 300 quid in there but got to add 27 years worth of interest so will be interesting to see.

Stoner
    Free Member

if index linked, then maybe worth a little over a grand
    http://www.nsandi.com/products/ilsc/calculator.jsp

not exactly the lottery win, but very nice all the same 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve still got the Premium Bond (yes you could buy them individually) my dad bought for me when I was born in 1957. 😀

maxray
    Free Member

hell I wouldnt knock a free grand… mmmm new bikes…. 🙂

jova54
    Free Member

I’ve still got the Premium Bond (yes you could buy them individually) my dad bought for me when I was born in 1957

Beat ya! I’ve got TWO that were bought as a christening gift in 1955 and I’ve never won a bloody penny. 😥

I wouldn’t mind a grand at the moment either so if you don’t want them maxray chuck them this way. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘really old savings certificates’ is closed to new replies.