Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Really nice spa hotel in the south?
  • zippykona

Need a present for mrs zip. We normally go to Pennyhill but that seems to have been over run by Apprentice wannabees.
    Where can you recommend?
    Must have communal steam rooms/ sauna.

theotherjonv

Not sure about the communal bit but Foxhills near Weybridge

http://www.foxhills.co.uk/

njee20
    Free Member

Bailiffscourt is nice, down on the coast near Arundel. Smaller than Penny Hill, with less ‘stuff’, quite a bit cheaper too, but very nice.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I had a freebie at Bailiffscourt and it was very nice

Must have communal steam rooms/ sauna.

How many of you are going? The sauna and steam rooms are communal but not massive, you won’t fit the whole rugby team in 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

Champneys on the old portsmouth road – they’re pushing lots of deals at the moment.

kimbers

not sure if spa

but always wanted to try these…

Your Fort Experience

Straightliner

Great Fosters?

keithb

Depends what you mean by “South” really…

St Moritz hotel in Trebetherick, cornwall, is loveley. Stayted there 3 times now (honeymoon, weekend away and family self catered villa).

Spa on-site, use of pool/sauna etc at all times, lovely cornish costal environment, near Padstow if thats your thing.

munrobiker
    Free Member

The Gainsborough in Bath is very nice, it claims to be the only hotel in the UK with its own supply of naturally heated water.

http://www.thegainsboroughbathspa.co.uk/

Gotama
    Free Member

The Grove has a similar spa area to Pennyhill. There’s also the Four Seasons Hampshire which is Farnham way. Cowley Manor over by Cheltenham is amazing and I think better than Pennyhill albeit the spa isn’t quite so well equipped, but pick of the bunch if you’re really going south is The Scarlet in Mawgan Porth where they have woodfird outdoor hot tubs.

IHN

I was going to suggest

Cowley Manor over by Cheltenham

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Bovey Castle

Yak

Champneys on the old portsmouth road – they’re pushing lots of deals at the moment.

They’ve nicely donated a session as hamper prize too for our school fair. If I win, I will report back 😉

I can show you around the trails there too if bring your bike.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have hot been to either of these personally but know they are well regarded

Chewton Glenn (New Forest area)
    Grayshot Hall (just south Guildford)

curto80
    Free Member

Depends how much cash you’re willing to spunk on “really nice” but Lime Wood in the New Forest would be my money-no-object choice.

zippykona

Good call on Foxhills.
    The spa area isn’t as well equipped as Pennyhill. However we’ve just checked out and the cost for dinner, an upgraded room, breakfast, a few beers and 2 spa treatments was £318 for the pair of us.
    The dinner was one of the best I’ve ever had and easily as good as Raymond Blanc’s.
    That can’t be beaten.
    Shall book again for a month’s time.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Really nice spa hotel in the south?’ is closed to new replies.