Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Real Xmas tree or Synthetic tree?
  • mudsux
    Free Member

?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Real for us. 🙂

allyharp

Real every time – can't beat the smell.

john_drummer
    Free Member

None

Bah humbug

titusrider
    Free Member

real

GrahamS

Real.

Nothing says Xmas like the simple pleasure of cutting down a perfectly healthy tree, dressing it in tinsel and watching it die slowly in the corner of your living room, before you discard its lifeless shell with the rest of the rubbish.

ourmaninthenorth

Real.

Not usually delivered in as much style as Mr and Mrs Dummy, though last year Mrs North did have to sit underneath an 8 foot tree transported in the passenger seat of our MX-5 on the way home from the farm where we watched it being felled before our very eyes.

So, yeah, real all the way.

tomh
    Free Member

real

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Real usually. Also got an artificial one which I'm increasingly thinking of using this year.

Went out at the weekend to price up. Went to 3 local garden centres and the average for an approx. 5ft Nordman Pine?? (the ones with bluish tinge and don't drop needles) was £50! WTF? It certainly wasn't that price last year.

Has anyone else noticed the price of Christmas trees being more expensive this year? Is it simply supply and demand? Are the local garden centers joining forces in some sort of price fixing racket?! Or should I MTFU and get on with keeping up tradition, and hang the cost? 😆

mmb
    Free Member

real,get one in a pot like i did and you're doin you're green bit too,also it grows with your family as does mine.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Real.

I only paid £15 for my 6ft Nordman, but i'm lucky that my mate works for a major xmas tree importer.

Apparently the cost to the farm,street,layby traders is around the £20 mark for starters.

The cost has gone up due to our euro friends not planting as many, which has a knock on supply demand effect. Probably done deliberately???

jond
    Free Member

Synthetic.
    Bought in a sale 75% off circa '89 for the pricely sum of 15 quid (60 quid was a bit expensive then !) and still looks good, doesn't drop crap everywhere.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

synthetic……although it was bought from a very posh designer shop in town in the Jan. so it is a stunning tree, it was one of their display trees

Rochey
    Free Member

Real all the way BUT, I agree with Jacksonpollock prices are to high so we have dued the synthetic one this year and I must say it looks the nuts, and the best bit of all I'm £50 better off. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Real Xmas tree or Synthetic tree?’ is closed to new replies.