Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Real world difference between Fiamme F35 and F45 wind-out awnings
  • aP
    Free Member

We’re looking to get a side awning on our T5 and have been offered either a F35 or a F45 awning (for different prices obviously). Is having a pull out awning a problem? How easy is it to stow away? Otherwise a F45 has a wind-out handle which I assume is a bit more robust, and reduces possibility of the awning moving around?
    any real world experience of both types out there?

trail_rat
    Free Member

the 35 is smaller and more suited to a t5 imo.

the 45 with its wind out are more suited to longer higher vans where reaching them may be an issue and the bigger awning needs more support when its out also.

i have a 45 on my van but its 2.7m tall so i need to use the handle to reach the thing.

wwaswas

We have an F45 style one on the motorhome, it’s certainly easy to pull out and you don’t have to worry about the height off the ground that the awaning’s attached to the vehicle. You can choose how far to unwind it to which is useful on blowier days when you still want a bit of shelter.

revs1972
    Free Member

From what ive seen when I was looking,the F45 is a one person job to put up and take down, whereas the F35 is a 2 person IMO.

And lets face it , if you buy the 35, it will always look like you couldnt afford the 45 😉

aP
    Free Member

The F45 also comes in black…

revs1972
    Free Member

Well thats then…………….

have you seen the Thule Omnistore ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Real world difference between Fiamme F35 and F45 wind-out awnings’ is closed to new replies.