Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Real or Fake Oakleys? – You decide
  • Stoner
    Free Member

absolutley bona fide. obviously 😉

Domain name:
    oakleysunglassess.co.uk

Registrant:
    cheaton vick

Registrant type:
    Non-UK Individual

Registrant’s address:
    12868 63A-Avenue
    Surrey
    BC
    V3X 1S5
    Canada

Registrar:
    eNom, Inc. [Tag = ENOM]
    URL: http://www.enom.com

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 01-Feb-2012
    Renewal date: 01-Feb-2014
    Last updated: 01-Feb-2012

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
    dns1.registrar-servers.com
    dns2.registrar-servers.com
    dns3.registrar-servers.com
    dns4.registrar-servers.com
    dns5.registrar-servers.com

WHOIS lookup made at 11:19:42 10-Apr-2012

MRanger156
    Free Member

At those prices they will be fake.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

Fake

never at that price and look at the mistakes on the home page!

chakaping
    Free Member

Got to be fake, surely real ones don’t look that minging?

mrplow
    Free Member

Pretty sure they would be, a work mate found the site. 🙂 I was warning him after previous threads.

highclimber
    Free Member

I think if you have doubts then it’s probably fake – some things are just not worth saving a few pounds for!

Alejandro
    Free Member

Price is usually the best indicator. If it sounds too good to be true…

speaker2animals

At least the Deal Extreme ones don’t get listed as Oakley. Though obviously they are covered in the big O branding.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

How much?
    My jokeleys cost me 12 quid.

biemagnet
    Free Member

Looks very dodgy to me. Stay clear.

lincogo
    Free Member

The quality is preety good,i bought one 2 weeks ago and received it at yesterday,i can’t find out the difference between the real one what i was bought it from oakley retail outlets in london last year,it is crazy! 😀

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Real, or fake, they all look awful. Except Frogskins. But that’s ok, if looking like a middle aged Matrix wannabe floats your boat.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

The quality is preety good,i bought one 2 weeks ago and received it at yesterday,i can’t find out the difference between the real one what i was bought it from oakley retail outlets in london last year,it is crazy!

Ha ha user registered today, first post, 100% believable!

cp

LOL @ lincogo!

stumpy01

lincogo – Member
    The quality is preety good,i bought one 2 weeks ago and received it at yesterday,i can’t find out the difference between the real one what i was bought it from oakley retail outlets in london last year,it is crazy!

Until the lack of actual UV protection, coupled with the strong tint completely knackers your eyes….

wwaswas

I guess oakleycanada gets the

‘most obvious site owner joining stw to plug a site that’s already been linked to on here’

award?

[edit] and he’s gone…

chipps

Goodbye Mr Oakley Canada… and Mr Lincogo…

clubber
    Free Member

Until the lack of actual UV protection, coupled with the strong tint completely knackers your eyes….

That was discussed recently in my recent DX Jawbone thread. It’s a myth apparently.

stumpy01

clubber – Member
    That was discussed recently in my recent DX Jawbone thread. It’s a myth apparently.

Couldn’t see any discussion of that on your thread, to be honest (just had a quick scan).
    I thought the theory was that tinted lenses dilated your pupils. Lenses with proper UV protection blocked the UV light from getting into your eyes, whereas lenses with no UV protection let all the UV light through and the fact that your pupils are dilated from the tint meant that you got more exposure than you would if you didn’t wear them (as your pupils would shrink as much as possible).

This is what I am on about:
    Can Cheap Sunglasses Be Bad for Your Eyes?

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe a different thread then.

The things I recall

– Someone tested a set of fake oakleys from DX and they blocked UV
    – Polycarbonate is UV blocking – you’d have to use a material that doesn’t block UV to get the effect people claim happens.

EDIT – found it: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dealextreme-oakleys-has-anyone-checked-to-see-if-they-offer-uv-protection#post-3652653

mrplow
    Free Member

Interesting discussion. I thought that a heavy tint would mean you looking more directly at the Sun and risking higher than normal UV damage to your eyes. In reality I don’t even know if UV damages your eyes?

clubber
    Free Member

The theory is sound (well actually, the theory is that because you’ve got a darker lense over your eyes, your irises open more, letting more light in than normal) but only matters if the lenses don’t block UV.

stumpy01

Yeah, I did wonder about the polycarbonate thing. We use it at work to protect people from UV cure lamps.

Personally, I wouldn’t risk it & would either splash out if I wanted expensive branded glasses or pay £30 and get some Blocs.

speaker2animals

UV damages most anything biological to a degree. You wanna try welding flash for fun (or as I did which was the same thing, not working on the UV reactor for so long that when you did start to use it again you forgot to wear eye protection when you needed to look in to the reactor to check how things are going).

OOO it hurts.

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’ll second that UV hurts. Exposure times for intense sources (UV irradiation of micro-organisms) can be very low as well.

Don’t do it, if you’re going to be exposed to any UV source use certified eyewear.

Matt

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Real or Fake Oakleys? – You decide’ is closed to new replies.