Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Real ale pubs in the NYM?
  • ton

Any reccommendations for the best real ale pubs in the north yorks moors?

thanks.

mt
    Free Member

Postgate Inn, Egton Bridge. Good beer and food.

There are a couple of good pubs in Osmotherly the Golden Lion across the road from the Queen Catherine is pretty good.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

where about’s are you going to be? or are you working around the pubs?

A lot of Real Ale up here,

Real Ale

The Star at harome nr helmsley
    Golden Lion at Osmotherley

Are tow of my favorites and both at opposite ends of one of my favourite rides. (Cleveland Way)

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

this may help,

York then Ryedale area:

Real Ale Pubs

ton

going for a week in september…..route planned round good watering holes.
    staying in,
    kettlewell
    grinton
    osmotherley
    sinnington
    goathland
    whitby

drinking usually starts at the 1st pub we reach at around 4/5pmish.
    then call at a couple on the way to each nights destination.

djglover
    Free Member

used to love going to the Lion on Blakey Ridge as a kid. Will be doing a trip there when i move back this Autumn

mt
    Free Member

If you are staying in Grinton then it’s got to be the Bridge. Not a bad pub with some good beer, landlord can be interesting. Not 200yds away is the Dalesbike Centre, go get a coffee and say hello to Stu Price.
    Reeth has 3 watering holes of various level of beer quality, the Black Bull used to serve an excellent pint of TT Landlord.

honeybadgerx

Are you camping? If so can highly recommend the campsite at Hook’s House farm above Robin Hoods Bay – good pubs there plus a great place to explore if you’ve never been.

Also, any route that manages to take in the Lion Inn at Blakey is a good one!

sing1etrack

Don’t know the dales pubs too well but for NYM:

New Inn at Cropton has its own brewery. Brews all sorts of beers. Should do you you nicely for the Sinnington part of your tour.

There’s a little pub at Beck Hole (just north of Goathland) which I suspect will tick some boxes for you too. Forget its name tho!
    Edit – this must be it Birch Hall Inn

The Lion at Blakey is awesome. Has a reasonable range of proper beers I’d say and does the best bar meals in the world but gets incredibly busy at times. Potentially a good lunch stop between Osmo & Sinnington.

JohnB
    Free Member

Golden Lion at Osmotherly – In May on the C to C my pint was well dodgy, cloudy and gave me the Bertie Wrights.

mt
    Free Member

Must must have told em you doing the C2C, apprently they think it gets there quicker.

ElShalimo

The Fox & Hounds in Sinnington has very nice ale and good food but it is a little how can I say this… erm old-money country types frequent it so the owners appreciate your cash but not your presence
    The locals don’t appreciate either. If it was more welcoming I’d be happy to return.

craigxxl
    Free Member

honeybadgerx – Member
    Are you camping? If so can highly recommend the campsite at Hook’s House farm above Robin Hoods Bay – good pubs there plus a great place to explore if you’ve never been.

+1 or Middlewood Farm in the same area

RustySpanner

Farmers Arms in Muker is excellent if you’re down that end of the valley.
    Kings Head in Gunnerside is decent too.

AngusWells

Your night in Goathland will be tricky. Full of blue rinse worshipers of Heartbeat; ‘ohh, that Nick Berry, he’s such a lovely boy’.

But if you can nip down the road to the Birch Hall Inn at Beckhole you are in for a treat. The smallest pub on the NYM, it’s well worth a visit.

muddodger
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go to pubs in Osmotherly, instead head to Swainby and find the Black Horse, (not to be confused with the Blacksmiths arms)
    Black horse’s food is excellent, can’t comment on the ale as I don’t drink it!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Real ale pubs in the NYM?’ is closed to new replies.