• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by jonb.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Re-useable syringes
  • solamanda
    Free Member

I’ve tried ebay and some online stores but no luck. Where do you buy your re-useable syringes? The type without the large rubber seal on the end.

Cheers

theflatboy
    Free Member
    dave_aber
    Free Member

For bleeding brakes ? – Local Vet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Try looking for peg / tube feed syringes?

for example:
    http://www.nextag.com/feeding-syringe/products-html

aP
    Free Member

Try any scrub ground with limited street lighting, don’t wear soft soled shoes though

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve got them from the chemist before
    you’ve got to ask for them though

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

got mine on Ebay, under the motor parts section, they were advertised for bleeding brakes. If they come with tubing included you need to know that it is going to be the correct diameter tubing, some of them are supplied with 2 or 3 different diameter tubing for different applications.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Solamanda,
    how many and what size do you want? I might be able to get some for you from work..

mboy
    Free Member

I’ve been refused when trying to buy them from a chemist before! What does that say about me though? 😕

solamanda
    Free Member

Dr-Upgrade – if you can get the re-useable type that would be great. Around 10 and about 40-60ml ideally. I can send over some dosh or a donation etc. :o)

I use them for suspension and brake servicing. The ‘standard’ rubber seal type don’t seem to last very long and carrying lots of syringes around isn’t ideal!

Mark – Can’t say I’m not surprised, you can sometimes look like a real rude boy. Don’t you get similar troubles in clubs? ;o)

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

I’ll see what we’ve got…. 50ml ones might be a bit big but I’ll look.. Hang on..

mboy
    Free Member

Cheeky git! I think I was even wearing work clothing (ie. smart trousers and a Polo shirt) when I asked in a chemist for syringes!

Regarding trouble in clubs, used to be that for whatever reason I got asked for drugs ALL the time in a club! God only knows why. You’d see the person looking around the room, trying to score some pills or something, then who do they come and ask? ME! I’ve never even so much as smoked a spliff in my life, let alone taken anything harder, yet I used to get asked for drugs 5 times a night on a night out at least! That said, it’s only happened once in my last few nights out in total, maybe I look less “dodgy” these days 😕

Oh, forgot to say, MSF for syringes if you have one locally (though I don’t expect you do in Londinium), seem to remember they carried a whole range of sizes and were less picky about their clientele (have you seen the state of some famrers!!!) 😉

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Hi,
    just checked and only got stocks of 5, 2 and 1mL’s… I guess those are too small?

Flaperon

Vet. They have boxes and boxes of them.

dave_aber
    Free Member

mboy – I was refused at the chemist too. I was asking for a 50ml or 100ml or anything bigger. What did they think I was going to inject FFS. A pint of Guinness?

Local vet was no probs. Asked if I needed needles to go with them!
    £1 each.

Milkie
    Free Member

Not only for bleeding brakes, they are very good as water pistols too!! 😀

lorettocourt
    Free Member

Got mine on Fleabay – they are supposed to be for Hyrdoponics. You can get 50ml or 100ml.

jonb
    Free Member

Got mine on ebay. Really big ones for measuring out fork oil. Cheaper than any other accurate measure.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Re-useable syringes’ is closed to new replies.