• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • RE: Health query, heart/lung stuff.
  • alexathome
    Free Member

Hi, Following a trip to the emergency ward for an unrelated issue i spent the nite in observation on an ecg machine and had a cat scan and bloods, urines etc. My heart rate was a paltry 37 bpm, with a max of 41 bpm over the course of 36 hrs. My peak flow was tested from my lungs and this was an eqaully rubbish 450 litres per min. I am a squidge under 6 foot and other wise resonably healthy. I weigh 12 stone 2 lbs and not too tubby. I am tight chested when i run or ride and a bit wheezy. The doctor has given me a brown (steroid) inhaler and a blue one a chart to fill in.

I couldn’t get much out of the doc, but been told to come back in 2 months. I’m a bit concerned as i didn’t have a chest x-ray and have no idea as to what could be wrong. Please don’t say ‘go and see your doctor’ as i’ve obviously just seen him and i’m none the wiser. what should i do? maybe presure my GP to get some answers?

I live in NZ, but the health service is essentially the same, only all the doctors are English.

Anyone got any advice?

iDave
    Free Member

go and see your doctor and ask him questions and demand answers that you understand?

DrP

One would assume that you would have had an ECG in the ED, and if you’re otherwise well, and the ECG was fine, they wouldn’t be fussed about the heart rate.
    You’re also being treated for mild asthma, but its still in the ‘diagnosis’ phase, hence the peak flow chart….

DrP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘RE: Health query, heart/lung stuff.’ is closed to new replies.