Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RCT3… will i miss it?
  • BFITH
    Free Member

New bike time soon and at the price I’m looking at most forks seem to be Yari/Pike RC. Old bike (Capra – stolen) had Pike RCT3 on and I liked it very much!
    So.. I all reality will I miss the difference between RCT3 and RC?
    Even If I get another Capra that only has RC (Lyric).

Currently looking at a Whyte G-160 S (Yari RC). Like the look of the bike/componentry but just not sure about the fork. Can a Yari RC be upgraded to RCT3 if i decided I ‘need’ it?

pickle
    Free Member

I believe the Yari is exactly the same chassis as the Lyric but without the charger damping.

I went for a cheaper version of my bike which has Yari forks with the view I can spend about £100 for an MRP cartridge if I want to later on.

The Yari feels good though

sam2391
    Free Member

I could tell the difference between the Yari RC and the Lyrik RC I’ve had. The charger damper is much better tuned and is a closed system so more consistant.

The RCT3 over the RC gives you 3position Compression and low speed compression adjustment. You still get a compression adjustment on the RC but it’s just a kind of variable Lockout and the LSC is factory set.

Depends if you used all the features but I’d go charger damper even if only the RC version over the motion control damper you get on the Yari. The motion control can be swapped for a charger damper but its too much too make it worthwhile IMO.

BFITH
    Free Member

I take it the charger damper is an upgrade?

sam2391
    Free Member

Yeah charger is the better damper.

Yari/Lyrik are the same uppers and lowers but the Yari comes with the cheaper Motion Control open damper. Lyrik is Charger damper RC or RCT3

damascus
    Free Member

I don’t notice a difference. It’s just more clicks

benpinnick

I would say it depends if its 2017 or 2018 forks. The 2018 Pike/Lyrik is a big step up over 2017, so its not as simple as RC Vs RCT3, its also which year. Yari / Revelation RC have a better chassis and air-spring that the 2017s but other wise equivalent, whereas Pike/Lyrik are improved across the board. So as its a new bike, if it was a 2018 Pike RC v RCT3 I would say no you’d not miss the RCT3, as the RC damper in the 2018 is still better than the RCT3 from 2017, but for a Yari as you mention, the 2017 Pike RCT3 damper is still better, but the 2018 chassis and air-spring on the Yari wins, so its probably closer to a draw.

chestrockwell

I have a 2017 yari rc and 2015 Pike rtc3. Don’t think the rc/rtc3 bit makes much difference tbf but where as they’re similar on small bumps the Pike is noticeable better when the terrain gets choppy.

nickfrog
    Free Member

The vast majority of forks or rear suspension I see on the trails are so badly set up, it will make no difference…statistically.

So unless you know what you’re doing, then I wouldn’t worry.

I reckon there is a thick layer of placebo in this one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RCT3… will i miss it?’ is closed to new replies.