Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rcomend me somewhere to go and ride!
  • grenosteve
    Free Member

Got me a van now, so anywhere new in central England I should go ride at this weekend? I’m in Sheffield, anywhere up to 100 miles away but closer if poss.

I went to Cannock Chase last weekend, enjoyed it but one lap of the monkey and follow the dog finished me off! (I cant help going all out on fast trails!) Somewhere less technical where I can get 50km in and see some nice scenery would be ideal.

Ta,
    Steve.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Tissington Trail out and back from Ashbourne…….seriously less technical than Cannock? The knackered bit I can agree with if you’ve given it the beans all the way round. What about Sherwood Pines, that’s pretty flat pedally but not much to see?
    North Wales….Llandegla with masts loop/lands end?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Or what about a coastal ride out and back?

ThePinkster

Are you talking out & back in a day or stopping over in the Van?

If stopping over why not head over to the Long Mynd and get in a ride round to Stiperstones and on the way back stop off at Eastridge by Shrewsbury?

Might be a bit too ‘climby’ for you though if oyu found the Chase a bit knackering (depends how fast you were going I suppose though)

grenosteve
    Free Member

More just out and back for now, staying over when it’s warmer!

Thanks, I’ll check those out.

I like Sherwood pines, I go a good 5/6 times a year, but would like to try somewhere new.

I don’t mind climbing, I think it was more the short sharp busts around Cannock that did me in, plush chasing people. 😀 I’ve been working on getting my distances up since xmas, but not really worked on going faster. Tend to just plod away rather than haring about, but don’t mind a good climb.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Isn’t there a trail centre near Scarborough? I can’t remember the name?

ThePinkster

Do you mean Dalby Forest?

grenosteve
    Free Member

That’s the one, any good?

willjones
    Free Member

Somewhere less technical where I can get 50km in and see some nice scenery would be ideal.

Dalby ticks that box, nice scenery moreso if you venture out onto the moors. Dalby to Robin Hoods bay for a paddle, fish and chips and a pint then back was always a nice ride (taking in bits of Dalby red route at each end). Think that’s a little bit longer than 50km though.

ETA – check for snow!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rcomend me somewhere to go and ride!’ is closed to new replies.