Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rattle-Can Balls-Up…
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Just making the most of the weather, spraying a car wing-mirror. Thought I’d be clever by hanging it from the washing line with some fishing line so I can get around it. It was already primed, but when I began to spray, the blast set the bloody thing spinning. And thus caused a couple of runs.

Dunno why I didn’t see that happening tbh 🙂 But oh well, leave to dry and sand out and start again?

hammyuk
    Free Member

PPPPPP

alpin
    Free Member

Yup. But at least it’s got an extra undercoat….

perchypanther
    Free Member

PPPPPP

Or, when I do it, PPPPPPPP

Northwind

jambourgie – Member

But oh well, leave to dry and sand out and start again?

Fraid so, IMO for something like a mirror, just get a rubber glove on and hold it by the masked part to paint, no better way to get access. (assuming it has a stalky bit that’s masked).

(you can totally spray stuff that’s hanging from a string, if you’re patient, you just can’t do long sprays. But many and small is better anyway with cans. Sounds like you maybe had the can a bit close too? Most quality cans are fairly low pressure these days…)

jambourgie
    Free Member

Sounds like you maybe had the can a bit close too?

Probably. It’s only the mirror housing so quite light. The plan was, in hanging it up, that I could bring it inside overnight and take it back out tomorrow for the lacquer.

Rubbed it out with wet n dry and looks ok now the colour has built up. I’ll probably be doing it all again in six months anyway. Wing-mirrors don’t last long around here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rattle-Can Balls-Up…’ is closed to new replies.