Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • RATM does it!
  • brakes
    Free Member

grumm, you missed the best bit

…the shot in the arm the charts have been sorely lacking the last few years: something that puts a genuine smile on the face of millions of people; sensitive people, thoughtful people; people alienated by the stifling cloud of grinning mechanical pap farted into their faces on a weekly basis by cocky, clattering, calculating talent shows such as X Factor

I wish Charlie Brooker was my Dad
    but not in a gay way

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

There are a few good people on here with silly issues over the whole thing, who seem to have missed the point that the RATM campaign raised thousands of £££ for Shelter. Personally, I never gave a toss about the charts as a teenager in the 70s/80s, don't give a toss about the charts at Christmas in 2009 and don't give a toss any other time of the year and I didn't bother buying either single. However, I did make a donation to Shelter. Putting all the bullshit aside, good on them for raising the cash and supporting and raising the profile of Shelter at this time of year!. 😉 yes I know, but at least their hearts were in the right place! 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Great stuff from Brooker there. Feel like repeating it for those who still don't get it
    But then nobody's buying The Climb in order to actually listen to it. They're buying it out of sedated confusion, pushing a button they've been told will make them feel better. It's the sound of the assisted suicide clinic, and it doesn't deserve to be No 1 this Christmas

househusband

So… any ideas on where this freebie RATM gig might be? Surely this is the best thing to come out of all this..!

dogmatix

Charlie Brooker is a spiritual father for us all…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The RATM campaign raised over £80k for Shelter (according to their website). Who cares about pontificating over the detail.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘RATM does it!’ is closed to new replies.