Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rather specific tubeless question…
  • cookeaa

A pretty specific tubeless question here…

For those of you using the Ghetto tubeless tape method, specifically those with Schrader drilled rims, what valves are you using?

Is there a decent “Off the peg” Schrader valve available from Stan’s or Bonty perhaps?

Failing that has anyone had any massive successes or failures using tape, a Presta valve and a valve hole reducer on normal Schrader type rims?

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

These allow a presta valve to be clamped to the tape or the back of the innertube with a lockring. I’ve used them fine with Eclipse rim strips they should work fine with conventional ghetto setups too. I used 2 lockrings to keep them secure.

benjamins11
    Free Member

i’m using a schwalbe 20in tube with a schrader valve for my rim strip which seems to work pretty well.

cookeaa

Done plenty of Rims with the 20″ tube method and it’s worked a treat, but I’m now looking to re-do the lot with tape and a decent valve hopefully as a more permanent solution…

bikewhisperer – That adapter was the type of thing I was thinking about, just wanted a bit of feedback on other experiences with them… Cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rather specific tubeless question…’ is closed to new replies.