Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Ratboy's Madeira video
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

That is what I thought mountain biking should be like. Awesome and a great soundtrack. I’ve had 3 great rides on the back of this.
    Anyone know what the main music is?

MSP

Good video, but I find myself over annoyed by the poorly canned engine sounds.

chvck
    Free Member

I like the video, muted the music though 😆

robsoctane
    Free Member

Don’t know what the music is BUT if you use videos for inspiration, you’re doing it right! What a video too, shows his skill even better than a DH race run could, IMO.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I’ve had 3 great rides on the back of this.

netflix and chillin’?

jambalaya
    Free Member

The music credits are on YouTube. I enjoyed the video too.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Band of Skulls Hooch Coochie

wordnumb
    Free Member

The tracking shot through the wooded section was particularly good.
    How long before DH races are filmed by drones following a few meters behind riders?

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    righog
    Free Member

How long before DH races are filmed by drones following a few meters behind riders?

That would be super cool, I have always felt the Downhill would be massive if the tv coverage was more inspiring.

OP..Yes by far my favourite MTB vid ( well that I can remember )

you could make your own if you bought this

" class="bbcode-link">Mmmm Nice old Red Car

and I want to go to Maderia on my hols so I reckon the vid worked !!! 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@wordnumb there is a little section on how they shot the sequence, it certainly looked like a narrow gap to fly the drone through – nice work by the pilot 🙂

[video]http://youtu.be/-icPGUfIsQ4[/video]

Northwind

That was ace… Nearly missed it, cheers for the link! Can take or leave the jumpy bits but the raw speed and the narrow bits along the drains or whatever those were, were very cool

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

OMG.

Did you see that? He actually turned the bike over to fit the rear wheel..! 😯

Careful.. A few in here will have a fit when they see that.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tis a great video. Madeira… plenty of scope for selling that as a family holiday as well as taking the bike with me 😀

cokie

Great video.
    Ratboy just looks like he’s having fun whenever he’s on a bike. He also looks incredibly comfortable on it too.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

What I want to know is why he is called Ratboy. Must be a story behind a name like that.

michaelbowden

no_eyed_deer – Member

OMG.

Did you see that? He actually turned the bike over to fit the rear wheel..!

Careful.. A few in here will have a fit when they see that.

LIKE^^^^^^^

colp

He makes those Madeira tracks look like a piece of cake.

welshfarmer

My first car was a 124 sport coupé with the same 1800 twin cam as in that soft top. It really did sound like that 🙂

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Be worth noting in the behind the scenes vid they state that the start sequence was inspired by the start of the Italian Job, so the engine noises fit well.

rOcKeTdOg

colp – Member
    He makes those Madeira tracks look like a piece of cake.

Boom!

jamesfts
    Free Member

My first car was a 124 sport coupé with the same 1800 twin cam as in that soft top. It really did sound like that

Yup, sounds like a Fiat twin-cam to me.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Normally love Santa Cruz videos and especially Ratboy ones. Despite early promise (not just bikes but cars too!) I actually lost interest in it, mainly due to too much POV footage (a pet and possibly irrational hate of mine 🙂 ). This, in my opinion, is a better one of his

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zo–fioVNg[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

My first car was a 124 sport coupé with the same 1800 twin cam as in that soft top. It really did sound like that

I didn’t realiise the Welsh could be that cool 😉 Very jealous

welshfarmer

I so wish I still had it.

No photos but was same as this one but it had a full length Webasto canvas sun roof.

Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

It cost me £90 and lasted about 8 months until catching fire on me driving through Abergavenny 🙂

tomhoward

What I want to know is why he is called Ratboy. Must be a story behind a name like that.

A picture (of ratboys face) tells a thousand words…

Good vid to show how much mtb vid cinematography has come on over the years. Gone are the heady days of your mate holding a video camera whilst you ride past…

jambalaya
    Free Member

It cost me £90 and lasted about 8 months until catching fire on me driving through Abergavenny

😀 I was coming back to the thread to ask you how the electrics where ! Shouldn’t laugh really as such a good car gone.

welshfarmer

🙂 Fire was actually result of a loose pipe on the carb which sprayed engine bay/manifold 🙁

Rest of car relatively unscathed but by the time I had time/skill/cash to repair the thing had rusted out beyond economic repair (back then). I also had a Lancia Fulvia coupe that suffered a similar fate. Bloody Italian 70’s sports cars 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Ratboy's Madeira video’ is closed to new replies.