• This topic has 29 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Rapha mailing list – nice jersey….but..
  • iainc

it’s a bit pricey !

maybe one for my Santa list .. 🙂

tomhoward

‘Old Gold’

*Baby shit

JAG

It may be pricey but Rapha have got to pay for the trip to film the really cool rider – pay up and stop being so selfish 😛

mickyfinn
    Free Member
    iainc

^^^^^ that’s quite an eyeopener, assuming it’s the same bar the labels .. 😯

warton
    Free Member

yep, expensive.

I’m wearing mine today. it probably gets worn three times a week, from Autumn to Spring, and it’s 4 years old, and in pretty much perfect condition.

the Torms are good, but they are not the same quality.

PS. I am not a fanboy. I think rapha do a few very good items, this being one of them. A lot of their other stuff is very overpriced for what it is.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The Torm jersey is nowhere near the same quality as the Rapha jersey. I had the Torm jersey on yesterday and the Rapha one today, the material of the Torm feels much more like cotton, it’s much thinner, the sleeves are on the short side and the pockets aren’t great.

I’ve been wearing the same rapha jerseys for years of commuting and they still look and feel good, the Torm doesn’t.

Half the price for half the quality pretty much sums it up.

£120 isn’t that expensive for a good quality jersey, have a look at CHPT3 stuff if you want a shock 🙂

vinnyeh

Torm is just Rapha without the heritage and background, blatantly piggybacking on Rapha’s style and marketing without actually creating anything itself.

iainc

Interesting, I have 4 Rapha jerseys, all bought in the sale mind you, and rate them all. I do like the look of this one, so maybe it actually will go on my Santa list (not the jobby coloured one though 🙂 )

Gary_M
    Free Member

Torm is just Rapha without the heritage and background

Not sure if serious about ‘heritage’ 🙂

But it’s not rapha, it’s not the same product

(not the jobby coloured one though )

Would have gone nicely with the jobby coloured car you were going to buy (or bought) 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

Rapha doesn’t have any heritage, just marketing b*llocks.

Sportswool is over rated IMO. It certainly wouldn’t be my go to fabric for a top end jersey.

atlaz
    Free Member

Largely true but with a strong whiff of bitterness about it.

Mister-P
    Free Member

That’s not as expensive as I imagined. This popped up on facebook a couple of weeks ago and at current exchange rate it’s a shade under £100 for a short sleeved jersey.

TimP
    Free Member

I popped into Condor the other day, picked up one of these and was more than a bit surprised!

Jerseys

Gary_M
    Free Member

I popped into Condor the other day, picked up one of these and was more than a bit surprised!

Prepare to be more surprised

But you do get a stupid flappy bit on the collar so all good

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I do believe Torm got into a bit of trouble regarding the Rapha ‘influence’.

vinnyeh

Although my original statement was tongue in cheek, there is some reality to it.

Rapha-Condor
    Team Sky
    Canyon-SRAM women.

The Super-Cross series.

It seems to me that Rapha are creating their own ‘heritage’ – whatever that means.
    It’s also seems to me a bit odd to compare Rapha’s pricing with 2 blokes who run Torm as a sideline with little or no overheads, while putting nothing back into the sport.

Gary_M
    Free Member

And anyone that thinks the material is Exactly the same fabric from the same factory too hasn’t worn a Rapha and a Torm jersey, they’ve just read it on the internet.

globalti
    Free Member

This is what you need:

iainc

Would have gone nicely with the jobby coloured car you were going to buy (or bought) 😀

……nah, was my kids that wanted the jobby brown one, I over-ruled and we got a silver one !

fifeandy
    Free Member

This is what you need:

That is indeed what I need!
    Except I already have around about 10 summer weight jerseys that I never wear because its never summer.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Half the Price and Just as good! Exactly the same fabric from the same factory too.

And you get twice as many stripes for half the money 🙂

Got a couple of Torm jerseys, they’re ok. Must admit they don’t have the same quality feel as Rapha, and the short sleeves are way too short for my liking.

DezB
    Free Member

SportPursuit have the ISOBAA (Arf) Merino stuff in at the mo – around £30. The wool is blimmin lovely on those. No contrast arm band, or embossed logo, unfortunately.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve got a few of the isobaa tops, very nice but they’re t-shirts/base layer type things, not cycling jerseys. Tops you could cycle in but not a cycling jersey.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

And anyone that thinks the material is Exactly the same fabric from the same factory too hasn’t worn a Rapha and a Torm jersey, they’ve just read it on the internet.

Cheers for jumping to conclusions, I have both and yes the Torm is a lighter weight yarn but it’s still sportswool and it’s most certainly not half the quality for half the price. But what the hell it’s your money

Gary_M
    Free Member

But it’s not exactly the same material and I have no idea what factory it’s made in.

Sleeves that are too short on both long and short sleeve jerseys, pockets that aren’t quiet right, a slightly odd too long fit, etc. I’d rather pay more for the original than a poor imitation.

DezB
    Free Member

Tops you could cycle in but not a cycling jersey

Is true.

But what the hell it’s your money

Is also true.

richardk
    Free Member

Velobici? I’d be quite dissapointed to buy a top with VB on it, only to find it’s the wrong VB.

tomhoward

Bit like 24 vs 9ct (old) gold?

benp1

The Rapha top isn’t cheap, but it’s not disproportionate compared with their other stuff, and it’ll surely go in the sale come sale time

Some of that other kit is bonkers money!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Rapha mailing list – nice jersey….but..’ is closed to new replies.