Viewing 21 posts - 201 through 221 (of 221 total)
  • Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?
  • richpips
    Free Member

@bikebouy Well done!

crazy-legs

I wasn’t planning on going out today but it was such a nice day that I thought I’d take in some of the snowy trails at higher level in the Peaks on the CX. Up to Rushup Edge – one bonus of the snow is that it hides all the shit that DCC have put down to sanitise it! Then followed 20 minutes of trudging through knee deep snow along the ridge. Barely anyone else around, the only marks in the otherwise virgin snow up there was from a couple of XC skiers who’d passed earlier in the day.

Bumped into two other MTBers lower down, also pushing. Stunning views from the cairn in amongst the swirling mist and cloud.

Managed to ride a surprising amount of the DH bit down to Mam Tor then down into Hope for warming coffee and soup. Only 50km but far and away the slowest ride of the week! Lovely to be out though, glad I went for it. Should finish it tomorrow barring disaster.

stevious

Avoiding the ice here visiting the in-laws in Northern Ireland – a good excuse to find nice coastal roads. Also managed to drop by SeeSense to get my rear light fixed. Really cool to see a small company doing things right (and making my rear light even better than it was).

DT78
    Free Member

@bikebouy, welldone! I was out round romsey this morning too, but it was a little icy for me around Mottisfont so called it short. Have tomorrow afternoon and a couple of hours on NYE for the last 100 miles. Should be doable.

It is a lot nicer than last year! Last year my last 55 miles was up and down a 2 mile stretch of road in hail!

AngusWells

Hurray. All done.

503km over 7 rides plus 5,500m of climbing.

Nicer than last year weather wise but chuffin’ cold over the last few days.

I hope Santa’s elves are embroidering the badge right now.

rich-c
    Free Member

Done, finished it off with 60 miles this morning a bit chilly but then a big scoff in the cafe.

Tea and bike cleaning now 🙂

timb34
    Free Member

Well done! I gave up hope a couple of days before Christmas due to illness but stayed in the challenge anyway – if I do 13km tomorrow then it’ll have been a Festive50. Maybe I’ll try and add a 0 next year.

plus-one

80 miles today leaving 50 to finish morn 🙂

timb34
    Free Member

Just seen this: http://2014story.strava.com (although all of you who are finishing off tomorrow might want to hold off until then)

mooman
    Free Member

All done for another year.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Done and dusted with a nice 50 miler to finish today which got me to 512km. Still icy and cold but looking back at last Friday night’s blizzard, it felt like child’s play!

I’ve not particularly enjoyed ploughing along the A roads over the last few days trying to avoid the ice, but it’s been a good way of getting some chunky miles in (and helping the waistline a little too!)

There’s a pic that probably sums it up for me – christmas tree, ice & snow, an A road – plus the ever reliable and enjoyable Tripster that saw me through 95% of the miles. Big well done to everyone who’s completed / completing / attempted it this year – it’s all good.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Fabulous, you took pictures! Great.
    You know next year I ought to stop a little more and do some sort of blog, some idea of where and what I’m riding at the time. The miles just seem to blur into a ribbon of cold bone rattling whirring and the occasional squeal of brakes on damp rims.
    I look back on mine and wonder “where did I go, what did I see”? But then this years hack was all about training and intervals so no matter where I’ve been most of it’s been me looking at the road, bends, potholes, mud, hedges and the occasional bursts of sun blinding light.
    Been great though, should have taken more pictures! Well I’ll qualify that by saying I should have taken pictures.

Brilliant effort all, whether you completed it or not, irrelevant, the fact you got out is all it’s really about.

8)

crazy-legs

Finished mine today with a 71 mile CX ride in the Lake District. Nice weather, not too cold.

518km in 6 rides.
    17,231ft / 5225m climbing.

Been great though, should have taken more pictures! Well I’ll qualify that by saying I should have taken pictures.

I took a few photos, tweeted and instagrammed the odd one here and there but (today especially) I was more concerned with getting back before darkness so less worried about pictures…

dazh

Done. Finished with 205km today. 503km in 7 rides, 7529m climbing. The snow and ice had me worried for a bit so needed a big effort today. Think I’ll have a few days off now as I’m b*ggered 🙂

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Finished today as well. Probably my last ride of 2014, forecast for tomorrow looks awful but its been an enjoyable year on the bike – although a bit scary when i see that ive riden over 555 hours in total!

stevious

Nice easy 40k to finish mine off today. Definitely worth doing as those are training miles I certainly wouldn’t have done without the lure of a pointless badge to motivate me. I even had some fun at times.

Well done to all the other finishers. An achievement not to be sniffed at.

plus-one

Done 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

And I’m done too. Bit saddle sore! Looking forward to this evenings beers

BadlyWiredDog

Ouch… 537 Peak District kms done with 9613m of climbing, mostly on the cross bike but with two brutal days on a mountain bike with Ice Spikers fitted when things got snowy. Worst idea was probably dragging the mtb across Cut Gate through unridable snow, I’d have been better off riding Strines, but it was a nice place to be in a slightly masochistic way…

crazy-legs

BWD: Just seen your ride on Strava; you beat my distance by about 15km!

The guy at the top of the leaderboard is someone in Japan who’s done 2200km. Considering my LEJOG ride was only 1400km and I had nothing else to do in all that time other than eat, sleep & ride (and it was summer) that’s really impressive!

BadlyWiredDog

The guy at the top of the leaderboard is someone in Japan who’s done 2200km. Considering my LEJOG ride was only 1400km and I had nothing else to do in all that time other than eat, sleep & ride (and it was summer) that’s really impressive!

To be fair, I suspect that it is summer in Japan – I’d like to see how he’d cope with dragging a mountain bike over Cut Gate in knee-deep snow… 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 201 through 221 (of 221 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?’ is closed to new replies.