Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?

Home Forum Bike Forum Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?

Viewing 45 posts - 136 through 180 (of 221 total)
  • Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?
  • Premier Icon benji
    Subscriber

I’m in, going to try and do all my mileage on 42:16 gearing, should be an interesting 8 days, 4 of which I’m off work the other 4 I’m at work.

Sue_W

I’m in!

Thinking of having some meaning to the rides rather than just mile munching. Maybe do my “favourite local routes of 2014”, or ride out to the best cafés for a mince pie tasting competition 🙂

Although being as I’m based in Snowdonia it might be “sheltering from gales and rain” rides!

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

i dont do strava. can i do it on trust. i am not a kinda of bloke to kid my self and say i have done summant when i aint.

it will all add to my 500 miles a month total, which is all good.

bikebouy

^^ of course you can, we are a trusting bunch 😀

I’ll be recording mine on my Garmin 8)

mooman

mooman – Member
    Who is in this year?

Yes, hopefully no ambulance ride to hospital this year but I’m booked in for operation on 5th Jan anyway…Might try and hook up with you if you fancied it for a ride?

Be good that Thom. Hopefully try to do it in 4-5 rides. If weather allows of course ..

In as usual, and again with only 3 or 4 days to do it. Which means Christmas dinner in a petrol station for the third year running.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I have family commitments.. I wonder if I could do it in three rides..?

mrblobby

Not a chance unless there is a turbo equivalent 🙁

Im in, it has quickly become part of christmas tradition for me alongside watching It’s a Wonderful Life and devouring my own body weight in lindt chocolate reindeer!

Premier Icon dazh
    Subscriber

Got the entire extended family staying for about a week over christmas so I’ll be so bloody desperate to get away from them I’m definitely in. It’s Puffer training too so might try to do it all off-road, which will be highly dependent on the weather.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

I have family commitments.. I wonder if I could do it in three rides..?

Of course you can, three 103 mile rides!

That said… I’m not doing it!

I’m in (in spirit at least, haven’t officially signed up yet). Will spend most of that period at my parents, lots of options including a loop through Glen Coe and some nice Argyll ‘gravel’ loops that I want to try on my Salsa.

Could top it off with a pedal from Oban to my girlfriend’s in Dunblane, bit tedious between Dalmally and Glen Ogle but some good miles.

richpips

It’ll be Minipips 3rd #festive500. Good training for Strathpuffer eh.

mrblobby

Oh is it only 500km? Thought it was miles. I guess it is American.

finbar

I’m already planning mine. I don’t want to do the same last year (500km, five days) so this year I’m going to aim for 500 miles. Will be doing 150 on Christmas Eve, then see what happens from there.

Oh is it only 500km? Thought it was miles. I guess it is American continental.

Corrected that for you. In road cycling, never use an English word when a French one will do.

mrblobby

Yes yes I know, #24.

aim for 500 miles

A Festive 804.672.

c_klein87

Think i’ll skip it this year, just take my xc bike hope to resist the temptation! will do more running and swimming instead!

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

aim for 500 miles

I’ve been meaning to do that for a while. Last year I could probably have sorted it, I’d done 320 miles (520km) by 30th December but then just had NYE and NYD off!

Need a bit more #mtfu 😉

Premier Icon adsh
    Subscriber

I’m aiming for half on my XC bike on the road and harmonious family relations.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

I guess it is American.

They use miles…? 😕

mrblobby

I guess it is American.
    They use miles…?

It gets worse 😕 Apologies, I’m blaming my kids and a lack of sleep.

bikebouy

Righty ho, I’ve got three ride parcour sorted out, 2 CX’er and 1 roadie. I’ll be keeping an eager eye on the weather.

Anyone fancy doing Raphas “three days of Yorkshire” ? I have the GPX files 😀

timb34

I’m in. I think I can do it with 3 big rides and a few short ones…

I shall be riding the Rapha hell of the north type ride out of North London over that week if anybody fancies joining me to get lost up some farm track in the drizzle.

bikebouy

^^ which one, there’s 2?

I’ve done both, both are excellent, not sure I’ll be in Town but if I am I’ll join you 😀

martinxyz

Even with last years weather being pretty good (apart from day 1) I have never been so bored on a bike. Getting up late and doing most of it in the dark didn’t help.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

The assumption is that it should all be road miles, but I’m planning on throwing some off-road in as I couldn’t see any rules forbidding them. (Unless anyone has a link).

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

The assumption is that it should all be road miles, but I’m planning on throwing some off-road in as I couldn’t see any rules forbidding them. (Unless anyone has a link).

I’ve done it on my CX in the past, mix of road and off-road miles.
    I think it’s been done as solely off-road miles in the past – probably somewhere that wasn’t a British winter…

I had planned some fireroad miles on my CX bike. Seems legit as it will be the same bike I’m doing my road miles on!

Premier Icon terrahawk
    Subscriber

you can do them all offroad if you want. I think what constitutes “a road” varies throughout the world anyway.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

After all the planning I have festive chest infection. So I’m out this year. (Festive as there’s glitter in the sputum 🙂 )

DT78

Well my road bike is still sat in a depot in Germany, so I think I’m out too 🙁

richpips

We’re setting off in a couple of hours time. 😉

Dibbs

A chap in Japan has done 390km already. 😯

bikebouy

Did 67k on the CX’er yesterday so I’m claiming that. It’s hanging up still covered in Mud, clothes still covered in Mud and when I go out later I’ll once again be covered in Mud.

Dude 8)

Premier Icon adsh
    Subscriber

Failed first early morning start. Warm bed and incipient manbola

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

83.4km done – a ride up round Regent’s Park this morning, then down to the Rapha Café and out for a couple of laps of Richmond Park.

Given that I arrived in London at 2am, that’s not bad going! Day off tomorrow unless it really is too nice to waste the opportunity.

Just looking at some of the other rides listed, one guy in NZ has done 326km in just one ride! 😯

bikebouy

Another 73ks done on the CX’er in super sunny South Hampshire.

It’s sooooo sunny here I’m tempted to go back out 😆

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

Not jealous, oh no not at all. Possible late start in Bristol at the weekend. Man flu is abating or it could be the effects of a third of a bottle of Glenlivet while in the office.

DT78

Frame arrived this morning! After a furious 90min build got out and did my first 50miles. Lovely out there. New bike is fast. It is not comfy. Numb bits. Next 250 miles will be fun 🙂

100k for me, pleased with that. First half of it was into a headwind, the return journey much more pleasant!

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Two guys in Singapore has just done it in one go…
    First did 524km, second did 514km.

Quite happy with my 83km today thanks!

mtbmatt

178km done. Pretty windy out there, but nicer weather than last year if I remember right.

Viewing 45 posts - 136 through 180 (of 221 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Festive 500 – Are you in?’ is closed to new replies.