Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rapha cross jerseys
  • TheDoctor
    Free Member

Given half the point of Rapha jerseys was their extensive use of Sportwool for jerseys etc, the newer jerseys are increasingly Polyester/synthetic mix. Losing what made them stand out from the crowd

Doesn’t this just move them into the just another lycra cycling brand ❓

I have last years Cross jersey, it’s lightweight sportwool and is great, this years, polyester, i will give that a miss!

Gary_M
    Free Member

And no drop in price to reflect the cheaper material. I love rapha kit but wouldn’t buy a polyester jersey for £130.

tomhoward

Not just the cross jerseys, I ordered the tom Simpson special edition, without looking what it was made of (just liked the design tbh) and its gone back it feels cheap and nasty. Research has revealed the synthetic-ness of the material. Me no likey.

aa
    Free Member

The cross jersey is a nice thing. Perfect for commuting in current temps.
    I would baulk at 130 quid for a polyester top BUT, Imo the rapha poly jerseys actually fit better and feel nicer than the sportwool ones.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

^^ agreed, I’ve got the data print and a couple of the pro team aero jerseys, and they do indeed fit better than the sports wool jerseys

bikebouy
    Free Member

I too rave about the Pro Team stuff, IMO far better fit/quality than the older sportwoll baggy tops…

As for the Cross range, I like it, but I prefer last years colours. This trend for subdued purple isn’t really my thing but I will view the range in CCLDN and check out if it’s me thats colour blind or I’m not and I don’t like the colours.
    £130? worth every penny and hey, it’s not a lot really is it.

As is, I like the route Rapha are going with both staples (sportful made designs, classics) and Pro Team that are made of lighter and I hasten to add warmer, materials. Also, the fits becoming better for me, longer sleeves on the short sleeve tops and tighter fitting around the waist but more room in the shoulders and a little more on the arms of the long sleeve tops.

😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not just the cross jerseys, I ordered the tom Simpson special edition, without looking what it was made of (just liked the design tbh) and its gone back it feels cheap and nasty. Research has revealed the synthetic-ness of the material. Me no likey.

Don’t send it back, stick it on eBay, you’ll double your money.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

And no drop in price to reflect the cheaper material. I love rapha kit but wouldn’t buy a polyester jersey for £130.

well that’s Castelli, Giordana, MCipollini and Assos sunk then…

To be fair all 5 of my Rapha jerseys are merino-based (including last years Cross jersey) as I see that as their SP, but my £150rrp Assos Mille long sleeve is ‘just’ different finishes of synthetic.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had another look at it this morning, think the purple/mauve is settling with me. Not too sure it it’ll clash with the bike, it being light blue, but the light blue stripe will be the link I guess.
    Long Sleeve top of course.

tomhoward

Don’t send it back, stick it on eBay, you’ll double your money.

Too late.

*checks ebay*

Balls…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rapha cross jerseys’ is closed to new replies.