Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rapha brevet longsleeve jersey how warm?
  • karnali
    Free Member

Looking for a long sleeve jersey to use with a gilet in autumn and spring and with a wind or waterproof jacket in winter for commuting and general road riding.

any brevet owners how warm is the long sleeve version or is there something as good that is cheaper such as the Torm long sleeve jersey’s?

thanks

tomd
    Free Member

It’s reasonably thick, probably not as thick as a mid layer though. I like it for most of the year outside summer with a gilet or windproof. Due to it being woollen I don’t really use it when it’s wet with a waterproof, I find a proper baselayer better.

scud
    Free Member

I picked up an Endura Roubaix jacket (but actually a warm jersey) for £19.20 in Evans “Ex-display” section, really well made, very warm, i’ve ridden so far in this with just a thin base layer underneath)

Section is here, but only seem to have my portly gent size left in sale.

https://www.evanscycles.com/clothing/ex-display-jerseys-gilets-and-jackets_c/jerseys-clothing_type/long_sleeved-sleeve_length

jamiep
    Free Member

it isn’t quite as thick as the Club LS jersey, by a touch. I think it is ideal for what you say it would be needed for, beefed up with a base layer for colder days. But it isn’t a winter jersey

ceepers

I’ve got a torm longsleeve but it’s pretty thin, same weight as the shortsleeve ones. Good for cool but not cold rides.

For winter I have two of the morvelo “thermoactive” Roubaix type jerseys which are really good! Nice and breathable and warm. With a mid weight baselayer and a gilet they do most of my winter rides!

http://www.morvelo.com/men/men-road/men-road-jerseys

mereditp
    Free Member

I’ve been a bit disappointed with mine.

I think I was expecting something warmer than I got, but the lack of windproofing means it can get quite chilly so it’s usually going to need another layer on top. At that point you’ve turned it into a very expensive base layer. The gilet helps and is nice and visible, but that’s no help with the arms.

Maybe I just haven’t found the right niche for it in my riding and probably part of this is due to missing out on the first years run of Brevet jersey, then having to wait a while for them to come back in stock, meaning I paid full whack.

They have just started doing a Brevet Windblock jersey though, in both long and short sleeves, so maybe that’s the answer.

MoreCashThanDash

It’s a really nice long sleeve jersey, but it isn’t advertised as a winter jersey. Great for chilly spring and autumn rides with a gilet and/or decent base layer, which is what a long sleeve jersey is for?

Bought in the sale, I hasten to add, can’t afford full price Rapha.

richpips
    Free Member

Or you could get one of the winter jerseys and forego the need for a gilet.

onandon
    Free Member

The new brevet wind lock is a cracker. Muck more appropriate for this time of year. Feels much warmer without the cutting wind going though the fabric.

onandon
    Free Member

Sorry, that should say wind blocker. My iPad has a touch of the derps today.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rapha brevet longsleeve jersey how warm?’ is closed to new replies.