Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rape victims must work in brothels – new EU directive
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Deliberate daily mail head line that doesn’t relate to the story.

Refugees is a term created to mwan those who cannot go back to their home and for whom there is a moral obligation to help.

The deal with Turkey seems to mean we are to ignore that.

What is worse is that Cameron says we will take no more refugees rather than say on it is a morally corrupt decision.

You debate, I am swearing at the tv with a Duval in my hand

Happy Friday evening

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Vomitous mass is, as vomitous mass does.

Headlines are now just lies online.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Enjoy your Duvel.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

But forcing people out of their countries back to their countries ….

These people don’t leave everything for a laugh, they are risking their lives to escape but we are now tossing them back to the lions.

I may have had a beer but that is fundementally wrong I think*

*like my spelling

cloudnine
    Free Member

Cant we bomb the problem somehow?
    Thats what weve done in the past.. moar bombs!!

ninfan
    Free Member

Refugees is a term created to mean those who cannot go back to their home and for whom there is a moral obligation to help.

Agreed

so what makes you think that they can’t be helped in Turkey?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I, too, am sickened by this. My “New” country [NL] is taking quite a lot, IIRC.

Part of the reason I am getting really keen to find a job is to be able to contribute more, this isn’t being handled rightly, at all.

MrOvershoot

“WorldClassAccident – Member

These people don’t leave everything for a laugh, they are risking their lives to escape but we are now tossing them back to the lions.”

So true, can you imagine how bad things must be to just walk into an unknown world/future with no knowledge of what awaits you and I mean walk & walk & walk at this time of year when its cold & bleak.

I have plenty of problems in my life but oh my I’m grateful to have the a life without the fear of persecution or war

kimbers

I’m sure they can but with 2 million Syrian refugees already in Turkey, we could do more than just send gunboats

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Mr Overshoot – + a million.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m sure they can but with 2 million Syrian refugees already in Turkey, we could do more than just send gunboats

We’ve already sent £1bn (second only to the US) and the EU has agreed to give Turkey €6bn plus re-open membership negotiations.

I have plenty of problems in my life but oh my I’m grateful to have the a life without the fear of persecution or war

Indeed Mr Overshoot, I agree completely but there are many reasons we live in such relative safety. People are walking to Germany as they believe Merkel invited them to live there

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ninfan, blow up your house, walk to the nearest mock democracy, spend the next few years living as a stateless person, no financial security, no right to work, no ability to plan for your future, no idea what the prospects for your family will be and report back in 2018ish.

konabunny
    Free Member

the death squads? The refoulement? The beatings?

El-bent
    Free Member

Ninfan, blow up your house, walk to the nearest mock democracy, spend the next few years living as a stateless person, no financial security, no right to work, no ability to plan for your future, no idea what the prospects for your family will be and report back in 2018ish.

Do not feed the troll.

fin25
    Free Member

A significant proportion of the refugees coming into Europe are Kurds from Iraq, Syria and Turkey.

Turkey has been trying to wipe the Kurds from history for a very long time.

Because we gave Iraqi Kurdistan a bit of autonomy, we don’t really consider them to be proper refugees, so we send them back to Turkey.

Because they are Kurds, Turkey will at best mistreat them, at worst, Turkey will kill them.

This policy is tantamount to being complicit in ethic cleansing.

epicyclo

We need an international law that makes any country waging war in another country, eg bombing the shit out of it, solely responsible for the welfare and housing of the resulting refugees,

chewkw
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member
    We need an international law that makes any country waging war in another country, eg bombing the shit out of it, solely responsible for the welfare and housing of the resulting refugees,

Brilliant idea. Ya, right …

What if they don’t comply what are you going to do? Nuke them? 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rape victims must work in brothels – new EU directive’ is closed to new replies.