• This topic has 52 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Raoul Moat inquest. Who gives a ….
  • tthew

Murderous thug gets shot either at his own hand or by a police marksman after week long manhunt and 6 hour standoff. Why bother with an inquest? What a waste of public money, when the oxygen thief has already tied up plenty of that.

Cops should have just pushed his body in the river and congratulated themselves on improving the gene pool of the country.

donsimon
    Free Member

You’re a compassionate little troll, aren’t you?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You’re a compassionate little troll, aren’t you?

He’s fu**ing dead right though.

nickf
    Free Member

I think I agree with the OP, though not with the inflammatory language. I realise that by law an inquest needs to be held, but surely we can have a 30 minute review then just close the file?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Moaty is a legend!

donsimon
    Free Member

You don’t actually give a **** about what pushed him to where he was? I hope there’s no mental illness in your family that goes unaddressed.

nonk
    Free Member

the woman that reads the news on radio2 said that he was shot by the police after killing people in rothbury
    bit inaccurate that is it not ?

is that how you spell rothbury?

MSP

Mistakes were made, maybe those mistakes can be learnt from and hopefully not repeated.

jonb
    Free Member

is that how you spell rothbury?

It’s got a capital at the front if that helps 😉

Nice place Rothbury. Road rides go through there, couple of good cafes and you can head out to Elsdon via (the col de) Bilsmore then more cake before tackling the epic Winter’s Gibbet.

Of course on a training run I don’t stop for cake.

PiknMix
    Free Member

don simon – Member

You don’t actually give a **** about what pushed him to where he was? I hope there’s no mental illness in your family that goes unaddressed.

+ ?

nickf
    Free Member

Nice place Rothbury.

I was born there; wish we’d never moved away

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I care. I want to find out if he was executed or not. Pretty important thing to find out.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Nutter, possibly with mental health problems amplified by roid abuse – sad end to a life but no sympathy from me

fenred
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member

Moaty is a legend!

Talking of mental illness, trolling posts on sensitive subjects always seem to dig out those poor abused souls…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    I care. I want to find out if he was executed or not. Pretty important thing to find out

I agree, but without the use of such emotive language as “executed”. I would like to see reassurance that the Police followed the correct procedure. There are reasons why the Briitsh Police are so damned good, and being open to such inquests is one of those reasons. Am sure the usual hand-wringers will now be along to cite all the usual problem cases, but I firmly believe that the procedure of having an inquest after any Police related fatality is vital.

GJP
    Free Member

There are several million people in the UK who live with mental illness, very very few go on to kill people by virtue of obsessive jealously, and there are many more people without a diagnosed mental illness who do commit murder.

I doubt very much that an inquest will do anything to serve the interests of those who suffer with mental illness in the UK.

At the end of the day he was just one more narcasistic (sp?) MF. A statistical outlier, I struggle to see what lessons can be learned that will have more general application.

Andituk
    Free Member

Even if you don’t care about him, the three innocent people who were shot deserve to know what happened, and what was done about it, and what could have been done better.

brakes
    Free Member

how much will this inquest cost?
    what will be the return on that investment of time and resources?

surely we can have a 30 minute review then just close the file?

+ ?+1

philconsequence
    Free Member

There are several million people in the UK who live with mental illness, very very few go on to kill people by virtue of obsessive jealously, and there are many more people without a diagnosed mental illness who do commit murder.

I doubt very much that an inquest will do anything to serve the interests of those who suffer with mental illness in the UK

agreed.

tthew

Alright, I’m in a foul mood for reasons unknown and was just venting my spleen whilst avoiding contact with real people, and yes some of the words were badly chosen for which I apologise.

I still think this is one very good example of a shocking waste of money on finding ‘truths’ that will make zip difference in future. Same goes for most of the public enquiries that are called after bad decisions, (that continue to be made) when the country is cutting budgets. Oh can’t even be bothered to properly finish my argument now. Feel free to call me whatever names you wish.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Think you’ll probably find Moat may have suffered from a Personality Disorder rather than a treatable mental illness. In any event I don’t think he was actually shot by AFO’s with anything other than a taser round. He actually shot himself in the head. Might be wrong though. Or I might not.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bell-ends vs. those in possession of brains and capable of usng them.

The chat forum as ever.

GJP
    Free Member

Nonsense – Member
    Think you’ll probably find Moat may have suffered from a Personality Disorder rather than a treatable mental illness. In any event I don’t think he was actually shot by AFO’s with anything other than a taser round. He actually shot himself in the head. Might be wrong though. Or I might not.

I think you may find that (Borderline) Personality Disorder is a medically recognized mental illness 😆

brakes
    Free Member

Bell-ends vs. those in possession of brains and capable of usng them.

The chat forum as ever.

what if you fall into both categories?

donsimon
    Free Member

Alright, I’m in a foul mood for reasons unknown and was just venting my spleen whilst avoiding contact with real people, and yes some of the words were badly chosen for which I apologise.

No problem. 😉

I still think this is one very good example of a shocking waste of money on finding ‘truths’ that will make zip difference in future

If it means that procedures are adhered to and maybe just one more mentally ill person gets the help they need or kept off the steerts or a Jean Charles de Menezes is prevented, then I guess the money isn’t wasted.

bigyinn
    Free Member

10….
    9….
    8….

carbon337
    Free Member

All I know is that he cocked up a nice Night ride at Thrunton for me. That’s enough to shoot the bugger. A colleague at work used to work doors with him and he reckons he was a timebomb for years.

Speaking of Rothbury though road ride up Cragside hills onto a697 crossroads then up Egligham scar onto Alnwick moor. Thats a fair bit of climbing for you.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Is the inquest into what made him do it or the police response and outcome? (serious question)

tthew

I think in the case of Jean Charles de Menezes there were questions that needed answering, in this case not so.

Bell-end

Guilty as charged.

…have a 30 minute review then just close the file

Yes. Then if there are still questions, go for the full jury inquest or inquiry.

johnners
    Free Member

Think you’ll probably find Moat may have suffered from a Personality Disorder rather than a treatable mental illness. In any event I don’t think he was actually shot by AFO’s with anything other than a taser round. He actually shot himself in the head. Might be wrong though. Or I might not

Perhaps an Inquest would be a good idea?

Nonsense
    Free Member

GJP – Member
    Nonsense – Member

I think you may find that (Borderline) Personality Disorder is a medically recognized mental illness

Now at risk of taking this splendid thread off topic, but you started it, or maybe I did? 😉

I take it you are diagnosing him with a specific borderline personality disorder?r As opposed to the huge mess of other disorders all lumped generally under the umbrella “mental illness”. From memory of other threads you’re a GP? Under the latest revisions of the mental health act I believe that NHS trusts are obliged to deal with untreatable personality disorders but it doesnt actually follow that they are recognised in the same way as other more easily treatable mental illness such as schizophrenia. I think it probably comes down to semantics and and pedantics. I think someone on here is an approved social worker, maybe we should ask them seeing as how they get involved in sectioning people on a daily basis? Or you could read this.

Article

Nonsense
    Free Member

From what I’ve been told the inquest will concentrate mainly on the time he was contained by firearms officers onwards. Although details of phone calls he made in prison and evidence of suicidal tendencies have already been discussed and appeared in the news.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what the CPT and al said.

takisawa2

I wonder if that stupid bint who took her kids to the funeral is having another day out…

GJP
    Free Member

Nonsense – I am not a GP I am GJP 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

When Junkyard and I agree, you know it’s right. 🙂

Nonsense
    Free Member

I stand corrected 😉

GlitterGary
    Free Member

But Moaty is a legend. I read it on facebook.

fenred
    Free Member

Tw*t.

billyboy
    Free Member

Much effort will be expended and bugger all advanced.

The English legal system is one of cheques and balances. The lawyers get very large cheques which increase their obscene bank account balances

At least it is an inquest……at least he won’t be out there doing it to your/my son or daughter in five years time after serving a so called life sentence.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Raoul Moat inquest. Who gives a ….’ is closed to new replies.