Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Rantette: TomTom – they don't want customers and my blood pressure is sky high!
  • cinnamon_girl

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Satnav was sent away for repair. After 4 weeks it was despatched and was due to be sent to my home address today. Myself and guest have been in house all day. Checked Post office tracking and it says it has been received. 😯

OK, will contact TomTom – their website is rubbish and my question doesn't fit into one of their categories. OK will phone them. Recorded message eventually says they are too busy to take calls and to use the website instead.

Aarrrggggghhhhhhhhh – bangs head against wall, stamps feet, bottom lip now quivering, starts crying.

Anyone have an e-mail address for TomTom or, indeed, any experience of this before?

allthegear
    Free Member

🙂 Somehow I love the irony of a TomTom getting lost…

Rachel

MSP

Sounds like a typical PO clusterf…. rather than a problem caused by tomtom.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Oh yeah?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Aye, more Royal Fail than TomTom at fault I'd say.

br
    Free Member

'guest', were they invited to see your TomTom delivery – WOW.

cinnamon_girl

Thank you so kindly for the sympathy and soothing words. 🙄

vinnyeh

I've had a few parcels lately where the tracking's been updated to 'delivered' and the parcel's turned up later in the day.
    First time it happened (hadn;t received the parcel by then, and was panicking as to why it was supposedly delivered) I emailed RM, and got a reply two weeks later, saying that they hoped the issue had been resolved 🙄

HTH.

cinnamon_girl

Well, what can I say? 😳

Huge embarrassment, parcel delivered by neighbour! It would appear that my rock chick lifestyle has seriously caught up with me and my hearing is shot to pieces. 😯

So … what hearing aid for an old girl? 😉

PS On the wine now, blood pressure subsiding nicely. 😀

scaredypants

I suspect we may be back to

Oh yeah?

😉

cinnamon_girl

Er, no!

project
    Free Member

Why did you buy a tom tom, even halford staff say dont buy one,

Why has it taken 4 weeks to repair it,why didnt they just give you a new one,

When the postie walks up your path will it suddenly Anounce

ARRIVING AT DESTINATION ON LEFT, (EVENTUALLY)

cinnamon_girl

Well, everyone on STW says how good they are! Figured it was cheaper than wasting petrol driving around in circles.

It fell off the windscreen, suspect there are issues with the suction thingy as they didn't charge me, had bought it only 6 weeks previously.

I'm better on bridleways – ask the Southern STW'ers 😉

Reluctant
    Free Member

Top tip for CG; keep the inside of your windscreen well cleaned, the suction cup works better then. 😀

tron
    Free Member

Tomtoms are good, in my experience, but I've heard that they can be slow at repairs. Solution is to buy from a retailer who knows what the Sales of Goods Act is, and that normally means John Lewis.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

TomToms are the best out there in my opinion. Clean the screen and breath on the sucker before you stick it on as well.

ivantate
    Free Member

I have had to have 2 repaired (although they reckon there is no problem with the second one) and they have always been efficient. The guys on the email have also been fairly good in an IT support kind of way.

I still think they might be the best and that plus the quick fix on the first one meant buying the second as an upgrade.

Might go Garmin next time though, if I ever buy another satnav.

zokes
    Free Member

I find maps are good. You know, those paper things with squiggly lines on them? Have never really seen the point of SatNav. Just two people to argue with instead of the usual one when you're not quite sure where you are…

jd-boy
    Free Member

I use both, TT and Garmin and the TT is the better tool

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I find maps are good. You know, those paper things with squiggly lines on them? Have never really seen the point of SatNav. Just two people to argue with instead of the usual one when you're not quite sure where you are…

How about when your the only one in the car, or on a motorbike? Maps are good, but I don't have an a-Z for every city in the country, and besides, satnav for £100 or a-z at £7.99 a pop, I think satnav's win on all counts*!

*except when trying to bodge one into a MG midgets wiring loom.

timothius
    Free Member

My TomTom got me from Guildford to Milton Keynes. First time I've driven on a motorway, and it got me there with minimal problems. I was impressed.

(Only bad bit was when I exited the motorway, got into the wrong lane on a roundabout and ended back on the same motorway. Doh!)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Rantette: TomTom – they don't want customers and my blood pressure is sky high!’ is closed to new replies.