Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Rant of the Day – Royal Mail
  • Cougar

I’ve already told the local sorting office that our bell doesn’t work

Put a sticker on your door; it’s not their responsibility to keep track of the foibles of homeowners.

I’ve got the opposite problem. My doorbell works fine (and is loud), doesn’t stop the local mouth-breathers from knocking on the door with a spongecake and concluding no-one’s in.

i know, how they ever manage to lose money is a mystery…

They probably keep it in envelopes.

DezB
    Free Member

Funny!

1. Be in when the parcel gets delivered Take a day off work for a parcel? They deliver at 2pm!
    2. Get it delivered to work Not allowed at many places eg. schools
    3. Safe place to leave your item of mail/parcel tell your postie Have done, but he still leaves a red card
    4. Ask Doris next door to take delivery of the parcel She can only take delivery if the postie knocks on her door!
    5. Ring the Delivery office for redelivery you can chose the day except Sunday (free of charge) Ah, take a different day off work!

Note: I don’t have a problem, but what silly suggestions from our postie friend…

Cougar

“I want you to deliver a parcel. No, I’m not going to be in, ever. Nor is anyone else, I have no friends.”

I respectfully put it to sir that sir may be being a tad unreasonable.

DezB
    Free Member

Huh?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

when do you expect them to deliver?

DezB
    Free Member

Not so long ago, they used to deliver at 8am and 1pm.

I said I don’t have a problem.. The post office is on the way to work and never that queued!

ChrisL

Its now 4pm ( and over 48hrs since posting )and the sorting office still don’t know where my guaranteed by 1pm the next day parcel is.

Shouldn’t you be able to claim the value that the package was insured for when posted then? I think I’ve been told that when paying for guaranteed delivery on items I’m posting.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I actually think Royal Mail is pretty good. I’m sure it varies place to place but they are really helpful round here: The postie tried to deliver a parcel for me the other week and I wasn’t in. But he passed me in his van the same afternoon when I was out with the dogs and he stopped and gave me it.

newbey
    Free Member

My local postie is awesome, he’s always smiling and nice, and if he sees me leaving and walking down the street he’s always got a cheery hello, and if there is any post for me, he’ll tell me.

The sorting office is a 5 minute ride away in Whalley Range, I’m fine with that. Always been helpful as well.

Parcel Force on the other hand, bunch of useless ****. Bought a pair of Tora SLs off here in December, the seller sent them 48 hour delivery. Got them nearly a month later. Seems the local parcel force depot didn’t like the address. I got told that they “maybe couldn’t read it”. Even though I had to confirm my address compared to the one on the system. I was given no answer when I questioned why they would have a problem with the address on the parcel when they had a perfectly good address on the tracking system.

Mostly annoyed by that as, 1) I spent most days over the month waiting in until post/other courier had been round our way. and 2) it held up the build of my bike for ages.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Rant of the Day – Royal Mail’ is closed to new replies.