Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • [Rant] I want my Nomad already.
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

No cyclists out here to understand my pain.

[Rant]

Grr. Arg. Grraagg. etc.

Ordered a super pimped custom build Nomad a couple of weeks ago, a reward for stopping smoking and an incentive to get fit again out in the bush. Apparently everything in stock with supplier at time of order including the bike bag needed to ship it out to me, ok not the colour I want in stock but its a bike bag not the bike so I don’t really care that much.

Email couple of days ago, couple of bits not in stock, Carbon Havoc bars a couple of weeks delay, no bother Carbon Havens Bars in stock which will do fine.

No bike bag. Also a couple of weeks delay.

ARRRRRGGG.

Bike bag is kinda of essential as it needs to be shipped built to my office in the bag, and then one of my colleagues is meant to be very kindly bringing it up to site for me when he flies up next, in the aforementioned bike bag. Bike bag now to be in stock day before he flies up here and thus bike will not get shipped up in time.

Consequently unlikely to see new bike before second week in November!

Arrrrg.

That’ll mean two full bikeless months. Bah.

Worst thing is I can’t really be angry with the bike shop as they are really nice and even offered a send the bike with a set of sunline bars for free until the Havoc Carbon bars were in stock.

[/Rant]

JCL
    Free Member

Prime opportunity to cancel and get an S-Works Enduro…

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Enduro’s are nice enough however I’ve ridden a Nomad and loved it, albeit a little small as it was a medium and I need a large.

Im going to be using it for a fair amount of DH when I head back to the uk as I want to only take one bike back with me and I love the vpp feel of my V10c so going to stick with Santa Cruz. The Nomad kitted out with all XO / easton carbon etc worked out about the same price as the S-works .

Plus it’s already built – just sitting in the workshop waiting to be shipped 😥

bigrich

what wong with a box? my CX bike came from wiggle to melbourne in a box quite happily, and then on a plane to canberra quite happily. I did have to fit pedals and straighten the handlebars

2 months for a bag that kills your weight allowance is silly.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can’t really be angry with the shop WTF?

CANCEL.

Houns

Speak to Two Wheels. Get them to build it up, buy me a return ticket and I will personally deliver it to you

ianv
    Free Member

Buy the bag at crc, have it delivered to the shop.

jam-bo

More of a whinge than a rant…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is it coming from oz? Took a little while longer than expected for gf blur ltc last week.

Oz bike show was on last friday so that will slow it down.

Still not good but will be worth the wait.

twohats
    Free Member

Prime opportunity to cancel and get an S-Works Enduro…

Why on earth would someone who has ordered a Nomad do such a silly thing as that?

faz083
    Free Member

get someone with the bag in stock to ship it to your shop, next day. Problem solved.

tarquin
    Free Member

Price you pay for living in the outback while making loads of coin 😉

Stevelol
    Free Member

Perfect opportunity to just build it yourself and by the bits from wherever has stock?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Welcome to my world of ordering bike bits, being fired up to get them fitted for the next ride… not in stock. But they were advertised as in stock! Then they get back and say it will be a couple of months as what they claim in stock is actually based on what they believe they can get from the supplier and they’re out of stock waiting for a new supply. Keeps happening to me. Had 4 orders last month all gone tits up in this way.

I do at least have a spare bike even if I have to hard tail it, though it’s a fun bike anyway.

P.S. Stick to the Nomad – it’s worth the wait! 🙂

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Speak to Two Wheels. Get them to build it up, buy me a return ticket and I will personally deliver it to you

Cheers Houns – a kind offer however I doubt even Andy could match the price I got on the Frame! (approx 1950gbp – basically alloy frame price in uk for a 2013 carbon Nomad and 700gbp for a set of 2013 fox 34 talas)

Can’t really be angry with the shop WTF?

CANCEL.

The bike shop has been super helpful and the supplier was apparently showing stock when I ordered – I could have probably ordered one from CRC and had it shipped to them but with the wait on delivery I don’t know how much faster it would be. Plus I don’t want to take the piss as aforementioned they are pretty sound. They even offered me a completely free set of Sunline bars while I waited for the carbon havocs to be instock to tide me over. That and the fact the price they have done me on the full bike is super good. Plus I don’t have to mess around building a bike in the bush!

Yeah a bit more of a winge really. To be honest its only a week delay – its just the knock on effect that’s annoying. I already have the wheels sat in the office so it was meant to be a fool proof plan of bike bag turns up – wheels go in easy – colleague doesn’t have to faff around with re-packing stuff and can bring it easily out to site – bearing I ming its not just a flight but also an 8hour drive out in to the outbag offroad so it needs maximum protection!

Price you pay for living in the outback while making loads of coin

Yeah its a hard life. Though I do seem to spend it all on bikes still… I’ve been out here for nearly five weeks bikeless – was just hoping it would be here early next week 🙁 Just frustrating knowing its sat there waiting to come to me.

tarquin
    Free Member

Just don’t stray too far from camp, with all those dangerous snakes and spiders about 😉

Saw my first living one up close since moving to Australia last year a few weeks ago. 6 foot red belly black snake crossing the road infront of me, he did a quick U-turn and disappeared into the ditch while I pee’d my bibs.

kiwijohn

A week?
    It took me 6 months to get my Yeti.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I reckon that could get me motivated to ride pretty damn quickly if I saw something legless and venomous!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

The problems of a custom bike sadly, nightmare getting all the parts in one place.

But its worth it, and you’ll know it when it arrives.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yeah I nearly went for an SC spx full build but I knew I wouldn’t be completely happy unless I spec’d it myself. Plus my real downfall was competitive cyclists bike builder that gives you all the weight and estimates full build weight (I know it’ll be manufacturers weights not real world but it gives you an idea) that was really my downfall, started playing the ‘how light can I get this’ game and it all got a bit silly…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘[Rant] I want my Nomad already.’ is closed to new replies.