Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Rant at mountain bikers
  • sootyandjim
    Free Member

Oh yes, can you delete that link RepacK, we really don’t need the good Doctor over here.

RepacK
    Free Member

Im no IT boffin – how does it work?

igm

As a member of “the Friends of Dalby Forest” (you become a member when you get a season pass for Dalby) I am begining to get a little annoyed by the tone of their news letter. They’re currently campaigning on their website for more walking trails but ignoring the mountain bikers who I suspect (I don’t know) make up a large part of their membership – which I can live with. I was less happy with the article in the newsletter suggesting that they’ve unleased a monster (I think those were the words) by allowing mountain bike trails at Dalby, bemoaning the number of bike racks in the car park and indicating that now there were trails the least we could do is stick to the waymarked trails and off everything else (presumably including the fire road and tarmac road).

Now being the apathetic soul that I am I haven’t done anything but assuming there are a number of other season pass holders out there does anyone fancy turning up at their AGM and getting ourselves voted on to get our say.

I’m not against walkers – I have several pairs of red socks myself and some very nice Scarpa boots – but I think some balance is needed.

Thoughts?

Iain

MtbCol
    Free Member

Friends Of Dalby Forest – set up by walkers for walkers from what I can make out. My Father In Law is a long standing member and so is his best friend and neighbour. I’m forever arguing with them over mountainbike/walkers access, that’s why I got involved in the trailbuilding side of things in Dalby. (Not to mention the free pass for SingletrAction members on completion of 3 dig days) 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

The RamAss are the most revolting group of selfish small minded political lobbiests I’ve ever come across, its hard for me to quantify the distan I have for what I consider to be quite possibly the most manipulative, selfish and bigoted collection of parasites this country has ever produced.

I carry a genuine disgust of the RamAss, selfish, thoughtless, bastards.

it may be a minority of their members but the NIMBY’s & those who shrug and agree or don’t consider their position are as guilty.

Believe me, they WILL try to ban mountain bikes next. elitist ****.

RepacK
    Free Member

@ Iain

Would love to join you – advocacy is very important, unfortunately Im in the US right now. As MRNutt says ” they will be after MTBs next”.. They are already gunning for them in the US & in Marin its almost impossible to ride ANY singletrack..

But we do need to remain reasoned even if they cant.

CountZero

Having read through that feature there’s really only the one ignorant selfish idiot writing about mountain bikers, most seem to be ambivalent, more concerned about 4×4’s, that photo being pretty representative of the damage done to some byways around North Wilts, particularly the Fosse Way. Regarding the Ramblers, I work for the company that prints, sends out and does the draw for their fund-raising Raffles. Sadly there’s no way I can sabotage it without losing my job, and they’re hard to come by these days.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Rant at mountain bikers’ is closed to new replies.