Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Rant alert – pikey Manchester scumbags ahoy!!!
  • piemann
    Free Member

Once again, some little pikey w*nker has tried to nick stuff out of my shed. The same thing happened about 4 months ago. They tried to pinch my Inbred, but ended up dumping it as they couldn't ride it away.

My landlady got all the trees in our garden cut right back, a consequence of which is that it's now piss easy to jump over the wall into our back garden. Looking out my window this morning, I saw footprints in the snow showing exactly where they had jumped the wall, walked up to shed, and then left. Grrrrrr. We live in the Merseybank estate near Chorlton, an area I thought was supposed to be ok 🙄

All that I left in the shed after the last break-in was some spare wheels and my camping stuff, none of which they appeared to be interested in (thankfully).

Is this an endemic problem to Manchester?? I moved down here from Glasgow about a year ago and it just seems like we've had nothing but grief (two shed break-ins, eggs chucked at our front windows and our front window recently smashed in). I've lived in both very poor and pretty affluent areas of Scotland, but I've never had as much trouble as I've had here. I really, really like Manchester, but I'm getting a bit f*cking sick of this nonsense.

When we looked round the house initially, I thought (foolishly) that I'de be able to decant some of the many bikes/parts and tools into the shed to free up the internal space. Now I am back where we started when we lived in Rusholme with one room essentially unusable due to all the bikes in it.

Sorry for the long rant, it's just really, really pissed me off.
    Is anywhere in South Manchester immune to this sort of sh*t?

stevemakin

nope

its all over the place

but not just Manchester

tails
    Free Member

bit of a pain but could you move again.

pitduck
    Free Member

chorlton?can you hear a banjo 😯

xherbivorex
    Free Member

the merseybank estate isn't very pleasant, sorry. lots of scrotes live there.
    a few years back, one of manchester's most notorious 'gangsters' was found dead in the street in the middle of the estate…

yikes!

Grimy
    Free Member

All areas have there little pockets of scum. I'm south manchester in Davyhulme, its very nice here with fantastic neighbours but I think I just fell lucky. You can get to some crappy areas in less than 5 minutes drive from here, but they tend not to venture over this way. Lymm would be a nice place to sell up and move too perhaps?

ton

any housing estate in manchester isn't very pleasant, sorry. lots of scrotes live there.

😉

Bunnyhop

Move up near us in Marple, you really enjoyed the trails on Saturday.
    Says with fingers crossed 'the crime rate seems to be fairlylow'.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

ha, you're probably right tony!

Geronimo
    Free Member

For all its popularity & pretension, Chorlton and the surrounding area suffers terribly from crime. I've always assumed that it is like a sweet shop to the scallies of the nearby ghettoes.

Most of the people I know who live/have lived there have had their car damaged/stolen and/or been burgled.

I wouldn't live there. Sorry.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Not very long ago, one or two Glaswegians went on holiday to Manchester and made a mess.
    Maybe has something to do with why you're not being made terribly welcome!

terrahawk
    Free Member

you've just moved to the wrong bit mate. Easily done.

Davy
    Free Member

South Manchester. It's a sh!t hole for the most part. Didsbury pretends to be posh, but that's about it really. The rest is like the wild west without the horse sh!t.

pitduck
    Free Member

diddle ing ding ding 😯

Never had any problems over the Mersey here in Sale. (touch wood!)

c
    Free Member

I used to live on Merseybank, Caldervale Ave. Had more trouble there than I did in Moss Side. Also had a really lovely neighbour who used to cut my lawn for me, good and bad everywhere 🙂 I feel your pain though, our shed was broken into loads. One night someone stole hald a hose pipe I used to clean my bike and a half bag of coal (seriously) I finally moved after a group of yoots followed me home chucking half bricks at me. 🙁 Moved half a mile down Barlow Moor Road and had no trouble at all for four years.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Will someone please think of the children!

Move, whats the point in living somewhere where you feel threatened or scared or nervous of leaving bikes in your own garage. I'm a firm believer in living where you truly want, somewhere you really love and feel safe in.

ourmaninthenorth

I will of course tempt fate now, but I've been reasonably lucky over the years I've lived in Didsbury and West Didsbury, though the roof of Mrs North's car was slashed a couple of years ago when parked on Burton Road overnight.

It's far to say that all of the desirable places are surrounded by less desirable ones.

Manchester is by and large a nice city, but there are plenty of bits I wouldn't go near. And even Alderley Edge has a (mildly, in fairness) troublesome estate….

Davy
    Free Member

Burton Road! That's where I lived, (albeit at the Withington end). I remember looking out of the window one night when I heard a commotion outside, and seeing what I can only describe as a total nutcase running up and down the middle of the road, screaming at the top of his voice, and threatening anyone who walked by with the rather large samuri sword he was frantically flailing about! 😯

I didn't go outside until he'd been carted away with a police dog still attached to his arm…

edhornby

sorry to hear that you've had no luck, I think that you've been unfortunate with that bit of chorlton

I live in prestwich, I know that it's the other end of manchester but come and have a look anyway 😉

mrmojo
    Free Member

Coming from just outside Glasgow myself I worked in Sale for approx 2 years I Lived in Timperley. I always kept my bike in my house never took the risk.
    The girl next door had her rabbit (of the non vibrating variety) taken out the hutch and beheaded!! They left the carcass in the back garden. Not happy with that they chucked the head over the fence the next night just for good measure and I thought Timperley was meant to be a quiet wee village. 😯

pitduck
    Free Member

timperley`s got the dearest chippy in the country 👿

MrWoppit
    Free Member

samuri sword

Does "samuri" know some chav has nikcked his weapon?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Is this an endemic problem to Manchester?? I moved down here from Glasgow about a year ago and it just seems like we've had nothing but grief (two shed break-ins, eggs chucked at our front windows and our front window recently smashed in). I've lived in both very poor and pretty affluent areas of Scotland, but I've never had as much trouble as I've had here. I really, really like Manchester, but I'm getting a bit f*cking sick of this nonsense.

No, but it does seem more common in the NW of england than anywhere else I've been thus far. But I am having problems with vandalism currently in one of the quietest small villages north of Glasgow, just local teenagers wandering about drunk of a weekend. Nowhere is immune, but you may have found a spot at a bad time.

Geronimo
    Free Member

No, but it does seem more common in the NW of england than anywhere else I've been thus far.

I think it's fair to say that every region and city has areas where anti-social-behaviour takes place.

For example, I've never seen anywhere with more burnt-out stolen cars than the suburbs and hills on the outskirts of Dublin. (I know that it is not in the UK)

coffeeking
    Free Member

I probably just have more experience of the NW and know that there are LOTS of places where it happens, I know far fewer elsewhere I suppose.

dazh

South Manchester. It's a sh!t hole for the most part. Didsbury pretends to be posh, but that's about it really. The rest is like the wild west without the horse sh!t.

A bit over the top methinks. Sure it has it's dodgy bits, but no more than any other city. Living in big cities like Manchester is always a trade-off between the convenience of city living and the less desirable aspects like traffic and a higher than average crime rate.

I live in Levenshulme and can honestly say I've never had any trouble. Having said that, there's no way I'd be storing my bikes in a flimsy shed in the back garden. As I've said to Mrs Daz many times, bikes belong in the house!

anotherstan
    Free Member

oooh yeah…manchester…dodgy!

move to leeds, lovely place, and a much better football team too (according to recent results) 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Does "samuri" know some chav has nikcked his weapon?

That'll have happened when I lived in Chorlton. 😉
    Let see.

Flat broken into twice, various items stolen. Car broken into twice, once they cut the petrol hose and drained the car!!! Once we were heading out to the pictures, I got into the car and started it up, left the flat door open, I watched a chap just walk in off the street, my girlfriend asked him what he was doing and he started a big argument, I darted back in and threw him out in the street, he threw in the race card (although to be honest my girlfriend had darker skin) and a big scrap in the steet occurred ending up with him not being able to move or breath for ten minutes. cock.

Then someone got stabbed in our back garden, then I went to the offy and everyone was cowering behind the counter because they'd just been held up with a shotgun. Then I decided to move away from that place.

I did meet Mick Hucknall and James (the band) though.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I live in Surrey.

I've no idea what you're talking about… 😕

Free Member

Sheffield. I've lived in a few places but never had any trouble.

samuri
    Free Member

go to the ice rink in Sheffield if you want trouble, HTH.

Free Member

Yer, Go to Fulwood / Lodge Moor / Ranmoor / if you don't 😉

CountZero

Some of you may have read on here about the number of bikes being stolen around Bristol. Pikey scum don't occure in specific geographic regions of the country, they're vermin who go where they can aquire other people's property without having to part with money. A humane killer between the eyes would be too good for them.

aracer
    Free Member

Sure it has it's dodgy bits, but no more than any other big city. Living in big cities like Manchester is always a trade-off between the convenience of city living and the less desirable aspects like traffic and a higher than average crime rate.

So avoid the trade-off (at least to some extent) by living in a smaller city. Can think of several that I've found far more pleasant than Manchester, and I'm not talking of tiny cities such as the ones I've lived in or near. They stopped doing Rat Races in Manchester largely because of the crime problem – not something that's been the same issue anywhere else.

Some of you may have read on here about the number of bikes being stolen around Bristol.

Notwithstanding that, it's a far more pleasant place to live than Manchester. I say that despite having had my car nicked in Bristol.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Rant alert – pikey Manchester scumbags ahoy!!!’ is closed to new replies.